6s wifi signal fluctuation, normal or fault?

Ger1980

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Just upgraded to a 6s from an iPhone 6. I'm on iOS 9.2.1 and notice over the first few days of use that the wifi signal will fluctuate from full signal, 3 bars, down to two bars for a second and then jump back to full signal.
This never happened before on my iPhone 6, just want to see if it happens to anyone else? I've reset the network settings on the phone and reset the router too, but didn't fix it.
Anyone experience this too? Never had this on any of my iPhone's in the past.

Thanks

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the real world and radio signals. What you describe is perfectly normal for any radio link in the unregulated bands used by wifi. You might be seeing interference or the wifi router renegotiating connections in response to other competing users on the same channel. Basically ignore the little bars (some react second by second and others might average the display over tens of seconds or even minutes) and if it is working just keep using it.

Ger1980

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I've had every iPhone since the iPhone 3G and it never happened on any of them. I've been using the same router and not changed my internet provider or done anything differently, that's why I was asking what was up?

I've had loads of iPhone's and iPads on my home network and it only happened now on this 6s.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2