Spigen GLAS.t R Slim

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
So, after using my 6s without a screen protector for about two months, I finally went ahead and ordered one with a Christmas gift card. (What's there to lose, right?)

I held off initially after hearing so many complaints about the halo or insufficient widths. After having applied my GLAS.t, I can see what everyone means.

Let me say that I actually really like this screen protector, despite its flaws. Feels just like typing on the phone's glass and is really slim.

The only thing that REALLY bugs me is the lack of width for the screen. It lines up perfectly with the edge of the screen on one side, but is just short of the screen edge on the other. Now, when I say screen, I mean the actual display-- NOT including the bezels. I understand that it needs to be narrower than the phone's edges to prevent it from lifting up, but they could've given just a bit more width to encompass the entire display. Just my two cents.

Otherwise, installation was a breeze (glad to see they included a dust remover sticker-- very helpful). I'd definitely recommend it if you can tolerate it being just a hair too narrow.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have always used the Spigen Glas.tr for every iPhone I have ever owned. It is the one I have found to have the closest feel to the actual iPhone screen. If you look around though most glass protectors do not go all the way to the edge of the newest iPhones. Yes I know there are now ones out that do go all the way out, even covering the bezels. But the feel and no loss of responsiveness with the Glas.tr are the biggest things that always attracted me to it.

Glad you like it. I have always been a fan of Spigen.

boltz82

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I would hope that in todays day and age that they could develop a screen protector that could compensate with the tapered edges of the 6S, alas it appears otherwise.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I have always used the Spigen Glas.tr for every iPhone I have ever owned. It is the one I have found to have the closest feel to the actual iPhone screen. If you look around though most glass protectors do not go all the way to the edge of the newest iPhones. Yes I know there are now ones out that do go all the way out, even covering the bezels. But the feel and no loss of responsiveness with the Glas.tr are the biggest things that always attracted me to it.

Glad you like it. I have always been a fan of Spigen.

I would hope that in todays day and age that they could develop a screen protector that could compensate with the tapered edges of the 6S, alas it appears otherwise.

I actually don't care that it doesn't go edge to edge, I only wish that it covered the entire display. That would be enough for me.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't complete cover the screen but it goes over the screen a bit more than others.

Respectfulky, I disagree. I do t use screen protectors myself, but I do buy them for my wife because she wants peace of mind.

I tried Zagg for her at first, and found that they did not even cover the entire area of the faceplate with screen pixels. However, in my experience, the glas.tr slim does cover this area, right up to the point where the faceplate begins to curve to meet the aluminum body of the iPhone. Perhaps Zagg has changed their cut since then, but I doubt it.