Can I get some help activating my iPhone?

Snowbooks1419

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Activating iPhone - Help!

On Apple's page for buying the iPhone 6s, it says:

If you have selected an iPhone for T-Mobile, it will come with the appropriate nano-SIM, but you will need to contact T-Mobile or visit an Apple Store to activate your iPhone.

I was thinking of buying the unlocked, no-contract T-Mobile iPhone 6s from Apple. I would like to use it like without a service plan (like an iPod touch). However, what it says on Apple's website makes it seem like I would need to go to an Apple store or a T-Mobile store to activate it/set it up. Is there any way I could activate it/set it up from home instead?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Activating iPhone - Help!

I can only assume Apple is correct, but I also *assume* that and compatible SIM can be inserted for the purpose of activating the device. I don't really know because I don't buy new iPhones for the sole purpose of using it as an iPod Touch. I'd get an iPod Touch. Anyway, try contacting T-mobile and see what they recommend.

Snowbooks1419

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

I can only assume Apple is correct, but I also *assume* that and compatible SIM can be inserted for the purpose of activating the device. I don't really know because I don't buy new iPhones for the sole purpose of using it as an iPod Touch. I'd get an iPod Touch. Anyway, try contacting T-mobile and see what they recommend.

Do you think that Apple could be referring to activating the T-Mobile SIM that comes with the phone, instead of activating the iPhone?

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

Do you think that Apple could be referring to activating the T-Mobile SIM that comes with the phone, instead of activating the iPhone?

My assumption is yes. Activating would activating the sim for service on T-Mobile. Activating or setting up your device only would involve just your iCloud account. I would definitely contact Apple Support first for clarification.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl