Anyone having issues downloading app updates since Sunday?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Since Sunday, if I don't turn on Wifi they basically won't start. And even then I have a 50-50 shot of them finishing.

I set the phone up as new, nothing was restored. I downloaded every app individually when I set it up, nothing synced over. I had no trouble doing that. But the app updates since the 28th have been a bear.

FB, Insta, Pinterest and Square are the apps in question, if that matters.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I just tried to update an app and it wouldn't download (not on WiFi). For some reason, my app updates only download when I'm on Wifi

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I just tried to update an app and it wouldn't download (not on WiFi). For some reason, my app updates only download when I'm on Wifi

Do you have the settings toggle for the App Store to use cellular data?

Yes that toggle is on.
Same, and ok so it's not just me. I contacted Apple Support. I think something's going on there. Maybe they're having issues.

I had no issues Saturday, or on Sunday morning. But since then it's been a royal PITA. At first I thought it was just bec it was FB/Insta and they had outages, but then it carried to other apps. Maybe they're overloaded with all the new phones going online.