iPhone App Store downloading wrong apps, etc [iPhone4 JB]

mc510

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Got an iPhone 4 on iOS 6.1.3 p0sixspwn jailbreak, and the App Store is all kinds of messed up. Anybody else experiencing anything like this:

Like (apparently) a lot of people, the App Store badge shows updates, but the "update" tab inside the app shows nothing. I've learned that tapping "Purchased" and "All" will show (buried among the long list of every single lousy app that I've ever downloaded and then deleted) some apps with an "update" button. It seems that some of these are actual updates that I can download, but most are for updates that are only available for iOS7 (apparently it's too hard for the minds at Apple to figure out how to filter for iOS compatibility) so when it offers to download an older version (which I already have) instead, I tap "Cancel."

This has "worked" okay for a couple of months, but starting a few days ago after I click "Cancel" to decline downloading a version that I already have, App Store just starts downloading some other (seemingly random) app. For example, I decline to download Zipcar, and it starts downloading Minecraft Lite, which I don't even have installed on my iPhone.

This is just so messed up that I figure that it must not be a native iOS bug, but must somehow be related to the jailbreak. Right?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Once Apple moves on with an updated iOS version, support for previous versions wane. Furthermore, app developers are basically forced to update their apps to support the latest iOS version or risk being booted. Having said that, if those apps you are complaining about have been updated but no longer supports the iOS version you are maintaining, your options are to update and risk losing your jailbreak or deal with it as-is....:)

mc510

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
My problem isn't with apps that aren't supported by my old iOS 6 .... my problem is with the App Store on iPhone, which:
  1. Doesn't show available and compatible app updates
  2. Downloads even after I've tapped the "cancel" button on the dialog that says "do you want to download an old version"
  3. "Update" installs apps that I don't even have on my iPhone and haven't selected through the App Store
:huh:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB