3D Touch was disappointing

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This is why I think it will be better next year. We are testing it for a year like we did Touch ID.

I disagree this is a feature you have to get right on inception because there's no second chances and from what I saw in the keynote it's pretty refined and will grow with 3rd party development

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know if the taptic function can be used when typing?

When I heard Apple was incorporating haptic feedback in the iPhone, this was the first thing I thought of. For years, we've heard from current and former physical keyboard (PKB) users that the feedback is the thing they miss most when moving to a glass screen. Some, including me, have thought that a form of feedback on a glass screen would be the key to allow these people to finally embrace the glass screen keyboard without the reliability issues such as double letter entry suffered by PKB users. Apple may do this one day, but I see that maybe it's a bridge too far at this point.

Eli4S

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
The crazy thing about this topic is that back in 2010 my HTC evo had haptic feedback for typing, sometimes I miss it. I think it wouldn't take much for Apple to include it because now on iOS 9 there is a haptic feedback on the screen when using Siri.

Last edited:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Grr I always miss the good threads. I love how these people always come out of the woodwork right around announcement and release time then slink back away into their hole for another year.

The Lannisters send their regards.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Grr I always miss the good threads. I love how these people always come out of the woodwork right around announcement and release time then slink back away into their hole for another year.

The Lannisters send their regards.

***** off hahaha that's the best he had lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I was not that impressed by 3D touch either but will reserve final judgment until I try it in person. Some of the demonstrations left me thinking whether it really improves things. For example, if you are in your email, why see a preview when it is very fast to open the email and slide from the left side to go back? Or is it really that much faster force touching on the camera app and telling it to open to record video rather than open the camera and slide over to the video? Maybe it is the greatest thing and I just don't know it yet. I am hoping like others have mentioned that this is just the beginning to a better use.

For one, you won't have to mark it "unread". I complete a lot of tasks in email account to whether I read them. If it's read, it's completed.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you. These weirdos get upset because you're not impressed by a feature. That doesn't mean that it's bad but that just mean that youre not impressed and its your opinion. Some of these fanboys I tell you...

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Oh look. You took precious time to create an account from your android app so that your very first post could call out the community as 'these weirdos' and whatever else after I quit reading. I can't wait to see what your follow up gem will be. Welcome!!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
this is a interesting topic.. without knowing how it actually feels I did wonder how it would different from a long touch as previously mentioned. Like is it going to be varied results on how hard you press or can a hard press be firm and semi soft? see what I'm saying? like how hard do you have to press. They claimed its natural.. I can't wait until next friday to find out. The one thing I learned in the past is apple most the time perfects this type of thing.. anyone remember the blackberry storm where the screen was a button it ended up being a flop.. just hope this does not turn into that which I don't think it will

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
3D Touch is the beauty of Apple and its vision. They introduce a feature that seems subtle, sometimes insignificant. And it becomes a major feature that many fine irreplaceable. I have found this to be true so mNy times with Apple products. I thought this about the iPad. Just thought that it was a bigger iPhone. And it is just a bigger iPhone and I love it. It is my favorite device. I thought this about the Lightning connector. Didn't see what made it so special. Then I realized that I can plug my phone in without looking to see if it is the right side up or not. And the charging port doesn't break like with other smartphones. The home button, Touch ID, non removable battery, no micro sd slot, Siri, etc. at some point I thought all of these things were underwhelming. And today, all of these things make my Apple experience so amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
The crazy thing about this topic is that back in 2010 my HTC evo had haptic feedback for typing, sometimes I miss it. I think it wouldn't take much for Apple to include it because now on iOS 9 there is a haptic feedback on the screen when using Siri.

IF Apple allows developers to access haptic controls we may see a third party keyboard that gives feedback. It would be a nice feature, and you could turn it off if not needed.

dixie54321

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I think the 3D Touch looks awesome, and I'm sure it's already been allowed through developers applications? Which is good, we had to wait 6 months for Apple Watch

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Force touch has been disappointing on my macbook; I agree. The most I use it for is the dictionary.

I wish more of the in-crowd people were subject to PUPPAH.

Sent from my smexy T-Mobile Note 5

Last edited:

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Force touch has been disappointing on my macbook; I agree. The most I use it for is the dictionary.

I wish more of the in-crowd people were subject to PUPPAH.

Sent from my smexy T-Mobile Note 5

Agreed, it's practically useless on my MacBook. It looks to be more useful on the iPhone, at least in the videos I've seen.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
None of my devices support it, but it does look useful in theory--almost like a right click.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
First of all Apple done a lot a research and development before they released the 3D Touch version of the iPhone 6s and I am excited to try out the technology.

I ordered a new 6s 64 in rose gold and I can't wait until it gets here. I have been more then satisfied with my iPhone 6 64 which has performed flawlessly, so the next generation should be great product just like its predecessors.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2