Battery performance on 10.2

rickz97

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if this is normal, but whenever i use siri, after 2 question my battery will decrease 1%... is this normal?? Anybody bother to try it on their device and see how many question will it take to reduce the battery by1%(wifi off, bluetooth off, 4G On) thanks!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if this is normal, but whenever i use siri, after 2 question my battery will decrease 1%... is this normal?? Anybody bother to try it on their device and see how many question will it take to reduce the battery by1%(wifi off, bluetooth off, 4G On) thanks!

Siri uses a decent amount of battery, so 1% is probably not unusual if you're doing it on LTE/4G as well. I'd have to test it though I've never thought to look at the battery when using Siri.

Why not use it on wifi?

jlgraham

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I was having major battery issues after updating to 10.2, as well as random reboots (see thread: "6s Plus Restarting & Battery Draining Sporadically after 10.2 Update").

I tried wiping the phone and starting from scratch (did not restore from backup) and the problem mostly persisted, so I took it to Apple and they swapped it for free (covered under Apple Care).

mr_coldharbour

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Anybody having sporadic battery drain or any of the shutdown at 30% type of thing?

If you're having this issue, as a 6S or 6S Plus user you're entitled to a battery or device replacement. There's an official Apple replacement programme for such symptoms for those devices. Just go to your Apple Store and they'll sort it out.