You do not have permission to access the requested resource?

I

iMore Question

You do not have permission to access the requested resource

I have tried restating and all devices and loging off and on to home share. Both iPad and Iphone 6s+ unable to play music or video files via home share.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: You do not have permission to access the requested resource

I can only assume those things have been restricted.

eudamon

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site

Fair enough. However a little guidance on how to resolve would be helpful. I check my iTunes library folder and there are not permission restrictions on it

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Fair enough. However a little guidance on how to resolve would be helpful. I check my iTunes library folder and there are not permission restrictions on it

I don't do home sharing. But here's some tips that may help. It's late tonight. Maybe someone will come along tomorrow and help.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203311

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. I am here cause those tips did not apply.

There's only so much we can do with the info you've given us. We don't know what all you have done nor what steps you have taken. My advice is contact Apple Support and explain everything. They should be able to assist in this matter. Something isn't right. And I have no clue. Maybe someone who knows will see this.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Welcome to iMore! Sorry you're having issues with home sharing. Did it work before and just stop? Were any changes made?

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Good questions above for troubleshooting. The other question which might bring some clues - What type of equipment is the source device which can't be accessed? - Mac, PC, etc... I'm thinking this sounds like a network permissions problem, or maybe firewall but you tried to check that already.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2