case or no case?

Nanase Haruka

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I know this has been discussed over and over probably; but I'm going back and fourth. I know many swear by having a case on their phones, and for good reason. However, there are many that prefer not to rock a case. How many go naked? How many prefer a case? If nothing else, I must have a glass screen protector. With the new materials that's being used, is it completely necessary to have a case?

Before I prefer no case because iPhone 6 is too huge and I have a small hand lel. But when I accidentally dropped my precious iPhone and saw some dents, I decided to get one. And I prefer you must have a glass screen protector rather than plastic screen protector.

213ninja

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
i prefer pretty much everything not in a case, my iphone is no exception. the design looks great and the materials feel good in the hand.

that said, you have to know yourself, your surroundings, and evaluate the risk involved, because i think one of the main reasons to use one is protection...whether it be scratches, drops, or both. unless of course you are in a position to just buy a new device whenever you want, which is cool too. or, if you want a case for a specific look or features (ex. wallet case), also cool.

when i'm lounging at the house i don't use a case. also, when i'm stationed at my desk for long periods at the office i remove the case. but when i'm on the run or traveling for work i bounce between the Apple silicon and leather cases. they fit perfect and feel great.

for the beach or the mountains or any sort of physical activity, i have a few more protective options such as Otterbox and Incipio dual layer models.i'll also throw on a screen protector on a case-by-case basis, but then peel it off when i resume my normal daily routine. i buy the cheap ones from $5 Below.

some folks would probably find all that changing cases and peeling protectors to be too much, but it works for me...and i've never destroyed a phone, ever...so i must be doing something right.

cheers.

GGIBS

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I always have a case and never have a screen protector. I try not to carry change or keys in my pocket with my phone. Since my iPhone 5 I haven't used the screen protector and phone has been fine. I do use the Speck Candy Shell for all of my phones, they seem to offer the best combination of protection and thinness.

by1333

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a case but when I am home I tend not to put one on... I have a space grey 6 with a grey and black Spigen case...

jeffro02

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Case or no case is a user choice.
What you DON'T get to do (even though half the universe seems to), is use a case and then criticise anything to do with the phone's design or have opinions about "Design" in general.
If you're putting the thing in a rubber ring or some cheesy ruggedized case, you're essentially saying that you don't care about form factor, looks, or the actual design of the phone.

This is not true whatsoever. Many cases are designed to accent or complement a phone's basic design and design language, even the huge max-protection otter boxes. I guarantee that you would be able to tell the difference between an iphone and an android in equivalent cases made by the same case manufacturer. The home button (including the metal ring), the shape of the corners, the location of the physical buttons are all aspects of design. There is more to design than the external material and color.

So, even if I protect my iPhone in a case, I still reserve the right to critique Apple's design choices.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a iphone 6. I was positive that i'd go without a case. But the first day i was sitting on the couch with it i dropped it twice. Luckily it fell all of 4 inches onto a soft couch so no problem. But it's just way too thin. My hands are to big to hold it by the edges with any security. It's also quite smooth so it doesn't grip that well. Thus i immediately ordered a case on amazon and i haven't looked back. I prefer the bulk. It's barely added and it's much easier to handle. And because of it I don't think i've ever dropped it since. But that's my story. Oh and honestly, they are just too expensive for me to risk breaking it.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
No case. Never again with a case. I didn't find the 6 Plus slippery and I definitely don't find the 6S Plus slippery.

A phone is a tool. It's meant to use. If it gets scratches, oh well. I bought Apple Care for if the screen breaks but I've never, not once, had a broken screen.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I've broken my phone screen about 3x (different phones) it always happens the week I decide to go caseless. I've vowed to never go without a case again. However, once in a while at home I like to take it out to enjoy the design. The phone is quite slippery.

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Haven't used a case for the last 3 years (5/6/6S), and I haven't damaged anything.
It all comes to how you treat your stuff, I take good care of my electronics, since I need them and they are not just a cheap bread that you can buy for a dollar.

As long as you're not a builder, you should be fine without a case...
(I really don't understand people who crack their screens and stuff, do they care that less about their money??)

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I so wish I could use mine without a case, I love the way it feels naked. However, I have dropped iPhone 6s Plus several times and really hate the thought of potentially damaging it.

clickitykeys

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've got a case on my 6S Plus. It's such an ergonomically awkward phone that it is bound to fall once in a while, and I'd rather not risk breaking or dinging it. For a 6S, I would certainly have considered going without a case; it is a beautiful phone.

jeffro02

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I use a case, primarily to add Qi wireless charging. Adding features to the phone while protecting the phone from careless dings and scratches seems like a win-win for me!

Nocticis

May 13, 2015
Visit site
I prefer not using a case. To me, the iPhone is art and should be treated as such. I know I run the risk of damaging the phone, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. You see, Jony Ive makes art and everything about the iPhone is a master piece, except the camera bump and I just don't like seeing it perverted when it's incase in an Otter Box. I love the feel of its body in my hands.

bdewalt

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I don't use a case on my phone, but I have purchased a couple over the last year, just in case I decide to use one. My favorite is The Veil XT, from Caudabe. This won't help from the phone breaking if dropped, as the case is only 0.35mm thick, but it helps with not scratching the phone when laying it on a hard surface.

mrkilltrocity

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Naked is for me. I am a manager of large National carrier and we sell them due to fear of retail price of a device. I hate cases due to not being able to see the beauty in the device shape and color.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I like a case. I like the feel of a case. I like the grip. I like the protection offered by a case. I don't like the cold slippery feel of the naked phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77