Giving old phone to husband, need help with setup

NatsFan78

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I shattered the screen on my iPhone 6 Plus and sent it in to be repaired. I bought a new iPhone 6S Plus so I am giving my 6 Plus to my hubby to use once it is repaired. How do we do that? It is registered to me but I reset it to factory settings before sending it for repair. How does he set it up with his Apple ID? Can we share the music in my iTunes account? He has been using a Samsung Galaxy so he has no music in iTunes. I am hoping to move all his music to iTunes so we can share with each other if that makes sense. Thank you for any help you can give. As you can see I am clueless, lol.

sydneycooper1979

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
He will log in with his Apple ID. Once his phone is set up, go to iCloud and click family and then add him as family. You should be able to share calendars, apps, and music once you are connected as family.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep, the phone is free and clear, so setting up as a new phone is the way to go.

If it is an AT&T phone, you will need to either go to an AT&T store or have them mail you a new SIM card.

NatsFan78

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
My husband has an iPad and his iTunes account has a different card attached to it than the one I use on mine. If I am understanding what I read, with family share everything he does on iTunes would then be charged to the card connected to my account since I would be the one setting it up. Is this correct?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can share the iTunes ID. But iCloud, iMessage and Facetime ID's should be different. You need your own. Only share the iTunes ID. For just the 2 of you, it's better than Family Sharing.

NatsFan78

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
You can share the iTunes ID. But iCloud, iMessage and Facetime ID's should be different. You need your own. Only share the iTunes ID. For just the 2 of you, it's better than Family Sharing.

How do I do that? I thought the iTunes ID was your Apple ID and it was used for everything on the phone. The only thing we want to share is the music. I'm going to add all the music from his Galaxy to the computer. I want to then be able share music with each other but keep everything else separate. Thank you for helping me.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How do I do that? I thought the iTunes ID was your Apple ID and it was used for everything on the phone. The only thing we want to share is the music. I'm going to add all the music from his Galaxy to the computer. I want to then be able share music with each other but keep everything else separate. Thank you for helping me.

No. You can have a separate iTunes ID that's entered in either the iTunes Store app, or in the App Store app.

Tap at the bottom where it says "Apple ID". Then enter your email address and bank info. If you already have an email there, I think it can be changed. But you both can use the same ID here. But not in iCloud, iMessage and Facetime.

c249fa513a68c5d6c303f5c2f8c16070.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77