Does anyone else hate using a case on their iPhone?

Nonsenseinsd8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1450241146.243219.jpg I've had this for my 5s, 6s, and now 6s plus ... Doesn't offer a whole lot of protection but is super thin and keeps the phone from getting scratched when you set it down and it's pretty cheap

SmartMobileGear

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
You are a rarity. Most people I see seem to always have a cracked screen. You must be using some Jedi powers to pull that off. ☺

Posted via the iMore App for Android

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 99624 I've had this for my 5s, 6s, and now 6s plus ... Doesn't offer a whole lot of protection but is super thin and keeps the phone from getting scratched when you set it down and it's pretty cheap

I like this case! I just ordered the pink one! I have been using a Otterbox Symmetry series case on my 6s Plus, and it took me a while to get used to the added bulk. It's not too bad now, but still like thin minimal cases. Hope this case has a good rubberized finish for grip.

JKirkland86

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I go back and forth on cases depending on the phone. Had an otter box commuter on my note 4, a hex case on my 4s, but back when I had a blackberry I couldn't stand a case on it. I went naked eventually with my 4s after not having dropped it. I am using a Evutec Wood SI Black Apricot on my 6s plus and it's really nice. Thin and fits easily in pocket, but adds just the right amount of bulk and hopefully some scratch protection.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
One thing I have to say for the 6s Plus is I loved using it caseless. On the other hand, even though I prefer the overall size of the 6s, I cannot handle it caseless. It's too little and slippery. The size and weight of the Plus stays in the hands much better. I can't use the 6s without a case. I felt the same about my 6. In contrast, I hated using anything but the slimmest of cases with the Plus. I would have used it naked if not for the fear of having no drop protection on it, and it definitely requires two hand at all times when it's caseless.

tggrissom

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I recently moved from a Moto-x to the iphone 6s+. I didn't have a case for my moto-x and it worked fine for me. Then again I knew the retail value/trade-in value of my moto-x at the end of my contract was almost nothing even in great condition. The iphone a different story. Hopefully the case will help maintain the value. BUT more importantly for me is the fact the 6s+ is much larger and kinda unwieldy and because it has all smooth surfaces I always feel like it is going to slip out of my hand. So a case was a must for me.

I don't need a super heavy duty case. I wanted something that would protect against everyday bumps and scratches AND something that showed a little personality. I ended up getting "Traveler" case from Carved (and a spigen screen protector) with a nice inlay-ed wood design. It perhaps could use a little higher lip on front to protect the screen better but I like the sleeker profile.

So to answer the question. I think a case with SOME sort of "stickiness" or texture to help you hold on to the thing is the minimum requirement for this phone.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a stock Apple case, and one from a place called 3RDi Galleries here in Hawaii. I found that certain items won't work with a case on. Like the iHome alarm clock. If i have the 3RDi case on my phone it won't seat properly on the dock for the iHome alarm clock.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: I hate using a case ! Help !

I've always put a case and screen protector on my iPhones the minute I get them out of the box for the first time.

I don't mollycoddle my devices but doing this allows me to sell my devices for top dollar upon upgrade

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I have an 8 year old daughter who doesn't always look around when she's gesturing... She's knocked my phone out of my hand a few times...and I'm not the most graceful and have dropped my phones several times....so yeah...I use a case.

Update: Soooo...while bike riding with my daughter, my phone fell out of the handlebar mount. It hit on a corner and fortunately, my daughter avoided running over it. No marks on the phone, and the only thing I replaced was the screen protector. There is a barely visible ding on my case. Yeah... I'll keep using a case.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2