Is anyone using a privacy screen protector?

KelseyRo4

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I am, and I LOVE it, since people are always looking to see who I'm texting 😑 BUT, I hate that I have to have my screen brightness all the way up. Just wondering if anyone else uses one, and how you deal with the screen being much darker. All in all I do love that no one can see my screen from the side, so I'll keep it anyway

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
My neighbor's son has one and it does make the screen overall darker but it is kind of a cool affect... however keeping the screen brightness high to compensate will kill the battery

jesssiii7

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Was going to but the Verizon guy pointed out that the white of the front would become dark/black. Got the clear instead. I'm considering the mirrored one but not sure- I think that one is clear when screen is on, so brightness wouldn't be an issue.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Have one and I only like it when in public...I have had a few people ask me what type of screen protector I have...I ask them what the hell are they looking at my phone for lol

Otherwise it's a PITA to stare at the screen directly all the time when you get notifications.

KelseyRo4

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Was going to but the Verizon guy pointed out that the white of the front would become dark/black. Got the clear instead. I'm considering the mirrored one but not sure- I think that one is clear when screen is on, so brightness wouldn't be an issue.

That's actually one of the things I like lol. I only got the rose gold for the color on the back, but I wish the front was black. So now I have the best of both worlds 😁👍

FlashFlare11

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have an Otterbox Alpha Glass Privacy screen on my 6 Plus and I love it! At first a lot of my friends were like "Why is your brightness so low?" I sit next to strangers all the time on trains so having something like this is pretty useful. When I first got it I had forgotten I had one on so when I tried to illuminate the screen I thought my button was malfunctioning :p

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Good to know about the brightness thing. The privacy protector was tempting, but I'll stay clear now.

FlashFlare11

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I have to say I haven't experienced any of the brightness issues other have seen. But if you're not looking at the screen directly with a privacy screen on, then the screen will appear really dark. But, at least for me, I've noticed no difference if I'm looking at the screen directly.

Sleepy_ER_Dr

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Clarivue privacy screen protectors are the best. I can't have random people looking over my shoulder to read my emails or know who I am texting.

KelseyRo4

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, I have to say I haven't experienced any of the brightness issues other have seen. But if you're not looking at the screen directly with a privacy screen on, then the screen will appear really dark. But, at least for me, I've noticed no difference if I'm looking at the screen directly.

What brand are u using?

KelseyRo4

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
So I bit the bullet and bought the expensive Zagg privacy glass, and I am so happy that I did! I was very skeptical about buying these expensive brand-name privacy screen protectors, but it turns out they are expensive for a reason! This one does not dim my screen AT ALL. Not only does it look better but it even feels better. And it even does a better job of hiding from others what is on my screen than the generic one I had. Overall I'm very happy that I made the investment. And the best of all is that I got it for only $18 on eBay instead of $45 in the store 😁👍

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77