Anyone aware of call forwarding problem on IPhone 6S Plus

jaycee9950

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Overtime I tried to call forward I get the message "Some call forwarding settings could not be changed". This also happens on a friends iPhone 6S Plus. No problem on iPhone 6.
Could this be hardware or IOS 9.02 problem.

I don't even think Apple knows because I went to genius bar and after a few resets they said they would change my iPhone as soon as stock is replenished

David Malka

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Had the same problem with my 6s+ and the only I was able to turn on/off the call forwarding was by putting the sim card in an old 5s phone. I'm sure it's a software issue.

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Overtime I tried to call forward I get the message "Some call forwarding settings could not be changed". This also happens on a friends iPhone 6S Plus. No problem on iPhone 6.
Could this be hardware or IOS 9.02 problem.

I don't even think Apple knows because I went to genius bar and after a few resets they said they would change my iPhone as soon as stock is replenished

I thought this was an issue with the 6 and 6plus with AT&T. You have to call them to have them correct the forwarding settings. You would think that would have been fixed.

TimMcGuire

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Cell phones are not allowed in the building I work in, so I forward my calls to my work phone while I am at work.
When I leave the building, I turn off the call forwarding.
My cell phone service is through AT&T.

Picked up an iPhone 6s the other day and I am having trouble with the call forwarding feature.
I can forward the calls just fine, but I can not turn off the call forwarding.
The "call forwarding" icon is on the top, but in :Settings->Phone->Call Forwarding" it doesn't show that calls are being forwarded (the slider is in the OFF position).
When I move the slider to the ON position, the phone gets busy for a while (10-15 seconds, pretty long time) and then the slider is in the ON postion, but the forwarding phone number field is empty.
I then can't move the slider back to the OFF position, when I try the phone gets busy for an even longer time (~30 seconds) and then tells me that "Some call forwarding settings could not be changed."

The only way to fix the problem is to turn off the iPhone and then turn it back on. Then the call forwarding page in settings is correct I can move the slider to the OFF position.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Not at all.
My device was purchased on Verizon through Apple Upgrade program.
I use an ATT sim in it most of the time.
If I click on forwarding it switches instantly.
Matter of fact I never remember it switching so fast on an iOS device prior, even my 6+
Go figure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2