How do I repair a water damaged iPhone 6?

TheMelonOfWater

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
A friend of mine accidentally had her thermos break and hot tea poured all over her iPhone 6 when it was in her bag. The iPhone was literally swimming in hot tea in the bottom of her handbag when she noticed. She tried charging it for days but it has never turned again. The phone has been dead for about 6 months now so I think that all the moisture would be out of it by now; putting it in rice won't do anything.

I'm wondering how I would repair this phone. What internal parts of the phone do you think need to be replaced? This phone was completely submerged in boiling hot tea for a couple minutes so it's probably pretty damaged. Also, I don't care about getting any of the data off the iPhone, I just want to get it working again even if it means replacing the internal memory.

I've thought that one option is to just buy a used iPhone 6 with a shattered screen for a cheep price and replace the screen with the one from the water damaged phone... but would that work? Is there any way that the screen could have been water damaged?

If you have any thoughts about fixing this phone please reply to this post.

Thanks!

LillyISabelle

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
Sadly nothing you can do I had the same issue with the sink but it won't work again as the device is not waterproof all the electrical components got fried

JoeAdamG

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
That's a pretty terrible situation, and I think it's toast now. For future reference, though, you should try using dionized or distilled water. [redacted]

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's a pretty terrible situation, and I think it's toast now. For future reference, though, you should try using dionized or distilled water. [redacted]

Please explain to us how using water, whether distilled or otherwise, would help the OP with this matter. I mean, would the water you mentioned have kept the thermos full of tea from breaking and pouring all over the phone?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2