Att iPhone 5 in Verizon iPhone 6

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello. My wife's iPhone 5 is not cutting it anymore. I found a friend who will sell me a Verizon iPhone 6 for $200.

I can't seem to find a straight answer. I've read the Verizon iPhone 6 are world phones and done need unlocked. Then I've read they do need unlocked only if used on the Verizon network. Then I've read you won't have lte?

So here are my questions

1) can I put an att iPhone 5 SIM card in a Verizon iPhone
2) if yes, does the Verizon iPhone 6. We'd to be unlocked?
3) if yes, will I lose lte?
4) are there any side effects My wife could experience that I haven't covered?

Thank you and please take care

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The VzW iPhone 6 is an unlocked device. You can take the AT&T SIM and pop it right in and be on your way. Just make sure the previous owner wipes the phone to make sure the Apple Activation lock is removed.

You won't see any side effects by using the VzW phone with AT&T.

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
The VzW iPhone 6 is an unlocked device. You can take the AT&T SIM and pop it right in and be on your way. Just make sure the previous owner wipes the phone to make sure the Apple Activation lock is removed.

You won't see any side effects by using the VzW phone with AT&T.

How do you wipe the activation lock? Do you call att to unlock the Device?

Sorry I don't understand.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

It's two different unlocks/lock. One is the carrier lock that locks a device to a specific carrier. The Activation lock is where a device is locked in iCloud to a specific Apple ID. You can't wipe the activation lock without the Apple ID.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

To turn off the Activation Lock that Apple puts in place to make sure the previous owner wipes the device in front of you. Part of the wipe process involves the device owner to turn off Find My iPhone which in turn turns off Activation Lock.

If you have the device in your hands and you can get to the springboard (the screens with all of the apps) then you should be ok. Just go to Settings > iCloud and make sure their Apple ID is not listed there and that it is either blank or your own Apple ID.

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Thank you

Is there any other side effects that could happen when putting in an AT&T Sim card into a Verizon mobile? Does the Sim card from an iPhone 5 differ from an iPhone 6?

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Thank you

Is there any other side effects that could happen when putting in an AT&T Sim card into a Verizon mobile? Does the Sim card from an iPhone 5 differ from an iPhone 6?

Nope no issues at all. I do this all the time at the office when AT&T users need a new device.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77