Why does my iPhone 6 power off in cold weather indicating no battery power?

I

iMore Question

why does my Iphone 6 power off in cold weather indicating no battery power

My phone powers off within a minute of being removed from my pocket, after having been outside for as little as 45 minutes. Not extremely cold about 40F and battery is usually above 45%.

DribbleCastle

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Mine has done the same thing. Anytime it's in the low 40's if I'm on a walk outside for 15-20 minutes as soon as I pull the phone out of my pocket and touch the screen it immediately reboots and shows the power/plugin icon. It will do this several times in a row after booting back up, and finally I realized it appears to be the cold temperatures causing the problem. It's done it 5-6 times now in total and I can replicate it by putting the phone in the freezer for a few minutes.

I've noticed the problem since 9.2 came out. Hoping its a software bug but figured there would be more talk on the internet about it. I just updated to 9.2.1 today and I'll report back if it fixes it. I was considering taking it into the Apple Store as I figured it might be hardware related due to a bad battery. Any updates on your issue?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4