My iPhone 6 has shut down after new upgrades were installed and will not restart. What should I do?

I

iMore Question

I got the gray bar in the text window so I reset the phone. New to iPhones and have no idea what to do next.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, first I want you to do a soft reset by holding down the power button and home button at the same time until the device turns off and back on again. If that doesn't work your gonna have to do a hard reset by using iTunes.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 6 has shut down after new upgrades were installed and will not rest...

Welcome to iMore! Will it not turn on at all? Try doing a soft reset. To perform a soft reset, hold both the power button and home button down until you see the Apple boot logo. If that doesn't work then try to start the phone in DFU mode (How-To Article) and reinstall iOS through iTunes.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, first I want you to do a soft reset by holding down the power button and home button at the same time until the device turns off and back on again. If that doesn't work your gonna have to do a hard reset by using iTunes.

You always beat me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2