Google photos: switching from high quality to free photo storage. How should I proceed?

I

iMore Question

Google photos: switching from high quality to free photo storage

Hi.
Until now I was backing up my photos from my iphone 6 in google photo, keeping the original quality but it is taking me a lot of space on my google drive.
I have switch this parameter to high quality, which should be enough for iPhone pictures and which is free storage and not changing my drive storage capacity. However, this change in parameter is not affecting the space used by the already uploaded pictures in my drive.
How should I proceed ? Delete all the pictures from my google photo and re-upload them from the iphone? (at least the ones that are still on my iphone). That sounds as a really long and though work to do ..
Wht would you do ?
Thanks,

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google photos: switching from high quality to free photo storage

You lost me after the first sentence. I get that you've been backing up your photos in their original quality from your iPhone to Google Drive. What I don't get is this: what does switching a parameter to high quality has to do with free storage and not changing you drive storage capacity? Wouldn't the parameter change affect new photos and not the current photos? Also, why would you need to re-upload photos or even delete your current photos from google Drive? My apologies for not understanding what you're asking.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77