Google photos: switching from high quality to free photo storage
Until now I was backing up my photos from my iphone 6 in google photo, keeping the original quality but it is taking me a lot of space on my google drive.
I have switch this parameter to high quality, which should be enough for iPhone pictures and which is free storage and not changing my drive storage capacity. However, this change in parameter is not affecting the space used by the already uploaded pictures in my drive.
How should I proceed ? Delete all the pictures from my google photo and re-upload them from the iphone? (at least the ones that are still on my iphone). That sounds as a really long and though work to do ..
Wht would you do ?
- 10-11-2015, 03:21 PM #2
- 38,426 Posts
Re: Google photos: switching from high quality to free photo storage
You lost me after the first sentence. I get that you've been backing up your photos in their original quality from your iPhone to Google Drive. What I don't get is this: what does switching a parameter to high quality has to do with free storage and not changing you drive storage capacity? Wouldn't the parameter change affect new photos and not the current photos? Also, why would you need to re-upload photos or even delete your current photos from google Drive? My apologies for not understanding what you're asking.
- By iMore Question in forum OS X El Capitan (10.11)Replies: 5Last Post: 12-07-2015, 10:13 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-11-2015, 02:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 10-11-2015, 12:45 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 1Last Post: 10-11-2015, 12:42 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPad Air 2Replies: 1Last Post: 10-11-2015, 11:45 AM