Apple ID incorrect after restoring from DFU

chiratsu

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I just restored my iPhone using DFU mode to 8.3 so I can jailbreak it. After restore my iPhone activation screen is showing some @hotmail account and won't take my Apple ID.

And before you go on with your "oh its a stolen phone", this phone was purchased from Sprint when it first came out and I still have the original receipt and the box. No other Apple ID was ever associated with this phone. I am the only owner that has ever used this phone. I even did a full backup before restoring and that backup was done using my actual Apple ID that i've been using since 1st Generation iPhone.

I am posting here to see if anyone has even seen a similar issue before. I have a genius bar appointment tomorrow and I'll be taking my proof with me to see what the heck is going on.

I have also removed the phones from icloud.com in both find my iphone and icloud settings.

This is beyond frustrating and I am completely lost.

Last edited:

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I just restored my iPhone using DFU mode to 8.3 so I can jailbreak it. After restore my iPhone activation screen is showing some @hotmail account and won't take my Apple ID.

And before you go on with your "oh its a stolen phone", this phone was purchased from Sprint when it first came out and I still have the original receipt and the box. No other Apple ID was ever associated with this phone. I am the only owner that has ever used this phone. I even did a full backup before restoring and that backup was done using my actual Apple ID that i've been using since 1st Generation iPhone.

I am posting here to see if anyone has even seen a similar issue before. I have a genius bar appointment tomorrow and I'll be taking my proof with me to see what the heck is going on.

I have also removed the phones from icloud.com in both find my iphone and icloud settings.

This is beyond frustrating and I am completely lost.

Hmmm...the Genius Bar sounds like the best bet. Maybe do a full reset and set up as a new iPhone instead of doing a DFU restore. That's all I can think of, but if I think of anything else, I'll post it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77