Is iPhone 6, 16GB Model enough for a Normal User ?

Ukemochi57

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Had the 16gb, then returned it. The problem is that Apple put out to devs saying they are going to increase the allotted size apps can be. Already you see more and more apps getting close to 100mb. Even with iOS 9, claiming it will reduce size and usage requirements , I wouldn't hold my breath. For just a 100 bucks more you are getting more than enough space. Apple got sued recently because of the 16gb because after the OS is on there, there's like 6gb left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Had the 16gb, then returned it. The problem is that Apple put out to devs saying they are going to increase the allotted size apps can be. Already you see more and more apps getting close to 100mb. Even with iOS 9, claiming it will reduce size and usage requirements , I wouldn't hold my breath. For just a 100 bucks more you are getting more than enough space. Apple got sued recently because of the 16gb because after the OS is on there, there's like 6gb left.

Get it right,now. There is about 12gb left.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Something I keep hearing often is the fact that if you record a lot of videos it takes up a lot of storage rather fast.

Regardless of what storage I have I don't like to keep videos/photos on my phone any longer than I have to. I either put them in the cloud, or put them on my computer right away. That way if my phone gets ****ed up in any way I don't lose precious memories.

I do this right after I take said video or picture so that way later I don't have to transfer a **** load of files and then delete a **** load of files. It's just, take the picture, upload to Google Drive, then I can delete the photo.

That's just the way I do things. It has nothing to do with conserving storage whatsoever but it just baffles me that people would keep multiple gigabytes of videos/photos on their phone and either, not do anything with them other then look at them on their phone, or do something with the photos/videos and then continue to just let them sit on their phone.

This is why I'm so content with 16 GB. I don't like to have anything on my phone unless I feel that for me personally, it is absolutely necessary. I'm not going to cram 500 songs that I'll probably listen to only once, a year from now or 30 movies that I'll watch only once on a plane ride etc. I have an iPad for that ****. And if I'm in a situation where I absolutely have to listen to a song that I do not have on my phone I'm 99% sure I can find it on YouTube and I'm 99% sure that I will have some sort of Internet access.

I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill but that's just my two cents

dnlvnk

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Switched from HTC M8 to iPhone 6s space was a issue....
Things i did to make sure 16gb is more then enough;

Install google music: 50.000? Songs for free. This should be enough...you can sync all your iTunes music to google music. Set it to low data use and you save streaming data..

Google photos: save pictures on high quality, unlimited storage..delete your photos app weekly! Don't forget to delete "recently deleted"

Don't use I cloud, it will cost you money, and your thumbnails will take storage on your phone. I used to have about 12.000 thumbnails and it would take me a lot of storage on phone

Movie on your iPhone? Take the time to go to cinema or at home...

Only install apps you really use daily, the rest is unnecessary...

Apps like Facebook? Use bookmark and add to home screen! Save you about 300mb storage!

For me, I used 3,1 GB / 8.5 free :)

Good luck!

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
For my point of view for users who, particularly use lots of apps or taking many photos with Apple’s new Live Photos feature turned on, a 16GB iPhone probably doesn’t have enough storage.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

To start with a 16 gb iPhone, you get about 11.3 gb available on iOS 9.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77