Why does my screen black out during calls and phone not respond when activate voice and data over lte?

vikkisj

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: Screen blacks out during call and phone not respond when activate voice and data over lte

I have LTE set to off for both data and voice and I experience the black out problem on Verizon with my iphone 6 plus.

Me too. I thought I just had a lemon iPhone 6 Plus and now I'm experiencing it with my new iPhone 6S Plus. The volume buttons didn't work for me. Any other ideas?

mtnsjim

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: Screen blacks out during call and phone not respond when activate voice and data over lte

Try turning the silent button(above volume up/down buttons) on and then off and then push the home screen. Seemed to work for me, although I can't be sure that the black state was about to clear by itself or not.
Kinda of stunning that Verizon and Apple have not done the programming work to fix this as it affects millions of customers.

compugor

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
Having the same exact problem; AT&T is provider for iPhone 6S Plus w/ LTE enabled. Black screen while in a call, unresponsive until other party hangs up; happens when connected to local WiFi network provided by Frontier (formerly Verizon).

Extremely frustrating. Will try volume/silent buttons.

Mark Braun1

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
SAME ISSUE! We use AT&T. I've read and tried a few posted alleged fixes, but this is an OS issue. Apple had better get this fixed!

NOTE: I can find the phone screen if I depress the power button, but it doesn't stay open to allow me to hang up a call!

chec4

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
I just recently started having this issue and found yesterday how to correct the problem on my phone. It was quite strange, but once I re-enabled Siri, my screen no longer goes black during a phone call. Wondering if anyone else has Siri turned off, and is having this issue??

loreburek

May 9, 2017
Visit site

I have LTE set to off for both data and voice and I experience the black out problem on Verizon with my iphone 6 plus.

I just had this happen for the first time today. Worse yet, the other party couldn't hang up, I was in a phone menu that was not set to disconnect on no response. I was stumped at how to recover, then I thought to pull the SIM card - bingo. It at least got my screen back and ended the call.

Checking the VoLTE switch now.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but I have this issue with a 6s. Changed the screen for a customer. As soon as the call is placed, the screen goes black. You can press the home button and the screen lights up for a split second but goes black. You can't end calls, or any other options on the call screen. Took proximity sensor off customers original screen and installed it on new screen and it still immediately goes black. Suggestions?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77