Does weak signal kill battery faster?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I went to work today with my phone fully charged at 100%. By noon it was already down to 45% and I wasn't even using it. I know it had just one bar of service on T Mobile. Could it have been searching for signal and that killed the battery. I had no apps going in the background or anything so this struck me as odd. Working at same place and also not really using it was fine yesterday.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you don't have Wifi available at work then I suggest turning off LTE through the cellular settings. Maybe HSPA+ will get better signal.

I assume you're getting LTE at your workplace. If not then I don't know what more to say.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Well I work construction so my phone was in my lunchbox all day unless I check it. It does vary what type of signal I am getting. Also I looked at the usage yesterday and it had alot of home screen activity. so wondering if maybe a button was being pushed while I had it put away cause I don't spend 49% of my time on the home screen.
Today my battery only went down like 10% so I'd imagine it was the signal strength jumping around.