Update to AT&T carrier settings today

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I got an update to AT&T carrier settings for my iPhone 6 when I plugged into iTunes (which I do once a day), so it must have gone out today. Is there a way to find out what it is for?

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I just updated after seeing this thread. I have better service now at home and am also getting lte coverage. Not sure if that had anything to do with it or not since I keep lte off due to the limited availability in my area and check once a week or so. Didnt have lte last week.

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I just updated mine and I sea LTE also. Don't know what else was improved since they don't like to talk about such things

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I had to connect with iTunes is the only way I've found too update. If there's an another way, I don't know about it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I did some checking around, there are reports on Mac forums that after the 18.1 update (AT&T) that iPhone 6/iPhone 6+ remain in LTE while making a call when it used to step down to 4G. So some of us may be seeing Voice over LTE, clearer calls, in our area! It also seems to be that the carrier update to 18.1 is so far just for iPhone 6 and 6+. Also, AT&T coverage maps are now showing HD voice enabled in many more markets.

Here is the coverage map to see if you have HD voice now:
https://www.att.com/maps/wireless-coverage.html#fbid=_HEWcGPgXDC

Caveat: To use AT&T HD Voice, both caller and receiver need an AT&T HD Voice-capable phone!

T1ck_T0ck

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
If you open the About section on your phone's Settings it will prompt you to install if there is something available.

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I did some checking around, there are reports on Mac forums that after the 18.1 update (AT&T) that iPhone 6/iPhone 6+ remain in LTE while making a call when it used to step down to 4G. So some of us may be seeing Voice over LTE, clearer calls, in our area! It also seems to be that the carrier update to 18.1 is so far just for iPhone 6 and 6+. Also, AT&T coverage maps are now showing HD voice enabled in many more markets.

Here is the coverage map to see if you have HD voice now:
https://www.att.com/maps/wireless-coverage.html#fbid=_HEWcGPgXDC

Caveat: To use AT&T HD Voice, both caller and receiver need an AT&T HD Voice-capable phone!

I got the update also on Telus 18.1. iPhone 5s.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone seen their battery life take a plunge after this update? I have. my iPhone 6 was fully charged on Saturday and when I got to work yesterday, Monday, my battery was down to 50% and that was very little use Saturday and Sunday.

I recharged the battery last night and it was down to 68% this morning. I found that "Settings" has used 57%, "Home& Lock Screen has used 18% and "Phone" has used 18%. I made several calls and received 1 call since I had charged the phone so I can believe the 18% on the Phone.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I took the update the day thread started my battery is had been fine.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

CAL_205

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I just talked to AT&T tech support and I was told that the 18.1 carrier update is an audio fix between VoLTE devices and non VoLTE devices. When a VoLTE call connected with a non VoLTE call their was "garble".

CAL_205

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
It's an audio bug fix. Apparently when a VoLTe call connected to a non VoLTE call their was distortion or "garble" as the rep called it.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone seen their battery life take a plunge after this update? I have. my iPhone 6 was fully charged on Saturday and when I got to work yesterday, Monday, my battery was down to 50% and that was very little use Saturday and Sunday.

I recharged the battery last night and it was down to 68% this morning. I found that "Settings" has used 57%, "Home& Lock Screen has used 18% and "Phone" has used 18%. I made several calls and received 1 call since I had charged the phone so I can believe the 18% on the Phone.

I've noticed pretty poor battery life on my 6 after the 18.1 carrier update... Had been pretty good prior after iOS update 8.1.2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2