Which to-do list app do you use on your iphone and why?

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've tried just about everyone also, most have you playing with them and tweaking them then actually using them, if the native reminders app had clickable URLs and the ability to add pictures I would use that totally, but for now I use Omnifocus which can do all the above

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The more I use Things, the more I like it.

Since I am a to-do app addict, I feel like Things has given my a new iPhone.

Word of caution: if you import your Reminders to Things, your native Reminders will disappear.
Not a problem for me but maybe for those who think this app just mirrors what's on the Reminder app vice versa.

I'm so happy I don't have to enter a time for items now - all day events is what I like.

Syncs between devices.

Good Luck

If things had the option to add pictures it would be the one for me, I like it a lot, but sometimes I'm at the mall with my wife or kids and they mention something they want especially around Christmas time, so I add the pic to a reminder in Omnifocus which is total overkill, I like Wunderlist, but I don't like that they use their own font, and the layout isn't the best, fantastical is great as well you can import pictures but you have to do it through Dropbox, I'm just stuck, I'm hoping things 3.0 will have the solution for me!

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The more I use Things, the more I like it.

Since I am a to-do app addict, I feel like Things has given my a new iPhone.

Word of caution: if you import your Reminders to Things, your native Reminders will disappear.
Not a problem for me but maybe for those who think this app just mirrors what's on the Reminder app vice versa.

I'm so happy I don't have to enter a time for items now - all day events is what I like.

Syncs between devices.

Good Luck

I have been giving things another try the last couple days and I'm really enjoying it, like I said only thing would be the ability to add pictures

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I replied earlier with using Clear on my iPhone, but I recently purchased the Mac version to sync between all of my devices. They really need a better way of syncing your lists! Syncing through iCloud Drive has been completely unreliable. When it does work, it only wants to sync one way, from Mac to iPhone. Doesn't sync from iPhone to Mac. I have read through their forums and multiple people have syncing issues. I also followed through their FAQ on setting up the sync, and nothing works. Signing in/out, wiping icloud data etc.

In the store reviews, some people say that it works wonderful for them, so I'm confused. Contacted Apple and RealMacSoft to see what they say, but for now, if these can't sync its pretty useless for me. I will be trying out Todoist or going back to Wunderlist.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up.

*** After multiple times trying its finally looking like its syncing correctly. Not as fast as other services seem to, but it is. Let's hope it stays this way!!***
Posted via the iMore App for Android

Last edited:

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I replied earlier with using Clear on my iPhone, but I recently purchased the Mac version to sync between all of my devices. They really need a better way of syncing your lists! Syncing through iCloud Drive has been completely unreliable. When it does work, it only wants to sync one way, from Mac to iPhone. Doesn't sync from iPhone to Mac. I have read through their forums and multiple people have syncing issues. I also followed through their FAQ on setting up the sync, and nothing works. Signing in/out, wiping icloud data etc.

In the store reviews, some people say that it works wonderful for them, so I'm confused. Contacted Apple and RealMacSoft to see what they say, but for now, if these can't sync its pretty useless for me. I will be trying out Todoist or going back to Wunderlist.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up.

*** After multiple times trying its finally looking like its syncing correctly. Not as fast as other services seem to, but it is. Let's hope it stays this way!!***
Posted via the iMore App for Android

Lately, I've been avoiding any product for which I need syncing that only uses iCloud. iCloud has just been a steaming pile of stuff for me in terms of data sync. I use Clear for shopping lists, but I am pretty much just limiting my use to my phone; don't need to sync with my Mac or iPad.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just recently discovered todoist and I think I found my perfect match! Seriously am loving this app but you really have to pay for the premium to get the most use out of it

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Lately, I've been avoiding any product for which I need syncing that only uses iCloud. iCloud has just been a steaming pile of stuff for me in terms of data sync. I use Clear for shopping lists, but I am pretty much just limiting my use to my phone; don't need to sync with my Mac or iPad.

I can't say bad for iCloud except for it being close to or downright useless when your life uses more than Apple's platform. If you use the new ability to family share Apple ID, iCloud and Reminders app can be good.

Microsoft now has some Dropbox integration.

Sticking with the Reminders app not only gets you an Exchange client but lets you use the power of the Drafts app.

I'm still rigid in my belief that a good to do app must let you use different operating systems and clients but iCloud ID sharing can have an advantage if you have kids not on an enterprise system or not paying license fees.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't say bad for iCloud except for it being close to or downright useless when your life uses more than Apple's platform. If you use the new ability to family share Apple ID, iCloud and Reminders app can be good.

Microsoft now has some Dropbox integration.

Sticking with the Reminders app not only gets you an Exchange client but lets you use the power of the Drafts app.

I'm still rigid in my belief that a good to do app must let you use different operating systems and clients but iCloud ID sharing can have an advantage if you have kids not on an enterprise system or not paying license fees.

If Apple allowed for clickable URLs in their reminders app I would use that, but it just blows my mind why they wouldn't add something so simple

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2