iPhone 6 still losing signal - iOS 8.1

joaofgdurao

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Would like to have some help from you.

Just updated my iPhone 6 from iOS 8.0.2 to iOS 8.1 and it seems my 'no signal' problem is still happening.

What I've already tried:
-Restoration over the air;
-Restoration in iTunes;
-New Nano SIM CARD;
-Reset network settings.

My iPhone goes on 'no signal' from time to time and the signal comes back again after 45 seconds or so.

Is this iPhone malfuction? Should I contact carrier to get a new one? Is there anything else I can do?

Had no problems with WiFi in 8.0.2 and also had 8.0.2 on my iPhone 5 and there were no problems.

Thanks!

joaofgdurao

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi both and thanks for answering.

Could it be a cell tower issue?
No. My colleagues/friends have same carrier in iPhone 5 and don't have any problem.

I'm guessing a carrier issue. You've done everything you can, so I would check with your carrier.
I forgot to mention that I've contacted my carrier on a 1st step and they said everything is ok for them. Should I try contacting again?

PS: With 8.1 it seems that time to get 'no signal' is now longer until it appears again.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Did you try to restore your phone and set it up as a new device to make sure its not cruft left over from previous installs?

joaofgdurao

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Did you try to restore your phone and set it up as a new device to make sure its not cruft left over from previous installs?
Ok that one I have not tried! You saying that I should do as new one with random new iCloud account and stuff, correct? If yes, i'll try this one tonight and let you guys know.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen this yet with 8.1, but did notice it a few times on 8.0.2. I'll keep an eye out for it and let you know if I see it.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Ok that one I have not tried! You saying that I should do as new one with random new iCloud account and stuff, correct? If yes, i'll try this one tonight and let you guys know.

Back up your phone, then restore it from iTunes. When it asks you if you if you want to restore from a backup or setup as new, select new.

If everything works the way it should then it is likely something in your data that is the issue.

joaofgdurao

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Good morning,

Had no time yet for the restore but now i noticed that i dont lose my signal for almost 12/14 hours. Dont know if its fixed, but im still trying to figure out what can cause such thing.

Will wait for signal loss to make the restore, if it happens again...

Marcus Vasquez

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I would say don't update over air and just update in iTunes. I start all over again with iOS is update and never have issues. Hope this helps. Happy Tues!

joaofgdurao

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday i turned off 4G(my location in Portugal does not support it, only close to big city's!) maybe that was the reason? I'll turn it on again to see what happens!

joaofgdurao

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
It's confirmed. When I turn on 4G i lose my signal. Im out of 4g range in my location. What will happen when I wanna use 4G? Thats the question now.

heffzilla2

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm losing signal also. Tried restoring, starting from a clean device, and everything else I could think of. It's not as bad as 8.0.2, but it still happens enough to be frustrating.
Also tried new sim

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711