Why didn't Apple allow for 5 apps on the dock on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus???

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Would ruin the "look" they are going for... Apple likes things organized and in order. If there were 5 on the dock and four wide on the main apps screen the flow would be broken lol

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I would guess that to be consistent with the phone in zoomed mode they used 4.

I would bet most people will ignore zoomed mode but my vision is not great so i use it despite the loss of the special landscape features. I love that mode but the fonts can be too small in web and email where while zoomed putting it in landscape increases the font size in those places.

Imagine having 5 row icons and switching to zoom - all the icons would be shifted.

The real solution is to make it a user setting. That would be best for everyone.

BTW: having home screen in 5 rows also makes sense. There would be no reason to ever have a 5 and 4 mismatch.

Cheers.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
If you read a lot into the Apple DNA there is something about design symmetry, if Apple decided to provide 5 apps in the dock it would also have provided 5 columns of apps at the same time. The option to make it zoomed shows Apple wants to evolve into the next software using incremental updates rather than step changes. They want to ensure that there is no learning curve moving from iPhones to iPhones.

Maybe the future ones might have that as the next logical incremental step.

My 2 cents...

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
If you read a lot into the Apple DNA there is something about design symmetry, if Apple decided to provide 5 apps in the dock it would also have provided 5 columns of apps at the same time. The option to make it zoomed shows Apple wants to evolve into the next software using incremental updates rather than step changes. They want to ensure that there is no learning curve moving from iPhones to iPhones.

Maybe the future ones might have that as the next logical incremental step.

My 2 cents...

The iPad allows for up to 6 icons in the dock, but still limits the display to 4 columns of icons in portrait mode.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Only complaint I have, or idea that they could change is when you put your country in the phone upon first time use the calendar adjusted to your country's holidays and what not.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77