UPS is Frustrating

Jdane07

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
So a little back story....

I ordered my 64GB iPhone 6 (SG) for T-Mobile a couple weeks ago. I was given a delivery estimate between October 3-8.

My phone shipped on the 25th, and was to be sent from China. I was given an initial delivery date of Wednesday, 10/01. I periodically check every morning for updates, and my delivery date has been pushed back the last three days :(
Went from this Wednesday, to Thursday, to Friday, and now updated this morning to next Monday.

However, last night I received an email from MyUPS saying the phone will be delivered tomorrow 10/01. The tracking still hasn't updated whatsoever and still gives me a delivery date of next Monday.

Anyone have experience with a situation like this? What should I believe?

Thanks!

PS see pics attached...

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Attachments

• 12880.jpg
    12880.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 12881.jpg
    12881.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 64

wunhangios

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've done some digging as I'm in the same situation. UPS tracking updates can either be actual scans OR "assumed" movements based on their logistics model. When something happens and they're not delivering to that model, you get these "depart from XX, arrive in YY, depart from XX (again)" scenarios.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
So a little back story....

I ordered my 64GB iPhone 6 (SG) for T-Mobile a couple weeks ago. I was given a delivery estimate between October 3-8.

My phone shipped on the 25th, and was to be sent from China. I was given an initial delivery date of Wednesday, 10/01. I periodically check every morning for updates, and my delivery date has been pushed back the last three days :(
Went from this Wednesday, to Thursday, to Friday, and now updated this morning to next Monday.

However, last night I received an email from MyUPS saying the phone will be delivered tomorrow 10/01. The tracking still hasn't updated whatsoever and still gives me a delivery date of next Monday.

Anyone have experience with a situation like this? What should I believe?

Thanks!

PS see pics attached...

Posted via the iMore App for Android

The tracking is not reliable. I've had items delivered and tracking wasn't updated until then.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious... Have you actually contacted UPS to find out what's going on? That's your best bet. I know you want to vent but we don't have UPS answers. +1-800-742-5877

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had a stressful situation with the delivery of my iPhone 6.
I got the UPS app and when it showed tracking, it had the correct address but the wrong state. I had arranged to work from home to sign for it and all I could get from them was advice to change delivery instructions for the package to be left at my front door. Ummm....no.....
I contacted Apple who contacted the sorting facility in New Stanton PA. Thursday the 18th at 8ish pm I got a call from Apple that my phone would be delivered on Friday the 19th.
I don't know if Apple saved the day for me or if it was an error in what was displaying on the app. But I was not happy with UPS.
I will preorder next year, but I'll take extra leave just in case this happens again.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

cycy123

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
About UPS.. My friends shipped 3 iphone6+ to his family though UPS.
But when the package delivered, only 2 left, missing one iphone
That's crazy :straight-face:

Nurnberg77

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Experiencing the same frustration. First, my wife's iP6plus was to be delivered Friday. Then UPS started playing with our emotions, telling us it would be here Thursday. Then, they told us it would be here today, Wednesday! But still no phone and no updated information. I have been on-hold with UPS for about 20 minutes now...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2