The bend is REALZ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth Kim

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Here's my friends iphone 6. He went go karting and texted me early Sunday morning with this picture...842.jpeg

That is a real bend. A slight one, but a bend nonetheless. He took it to Apple who replaced it and he jokingly asked if he was the tenth person to report the issue. The answer was "it's a hardware issue and will be replaced since it's under warranty." This to me means that the "9" reported phones is definitely a lie. I'm not trying to troll, just educating. Take care of your phones please.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
This is irrelevant. A phone shouldn't warp when doing this type of activity.

It is relevant. If you had taken a look at the ratings Apple has given along with the Consumer report video, it does have a weight safety limit. Even the Samsung was clocked in at a 130 lb safety limit if I remember correctly. When are people going to get over this politically correct crap and have an ounce of personal responsibility? I'm not going to sit on an iPhone or any phone for that matter since I am 160lbs. I'm not going to sit on my note and introduce tress and strain over hours and risk my very expensive COMPUTER bending/cracking/what have you. This is honestly getting ridiculous.

Stop blaming a company, ANY company, for your actions. You bought the phone. You should understand the limits of the phone. Quit whining when you act stupid. Why did Samsung introduce the active line? Do you honestly believe that they think their phone is indestructible in outdoor activities? If you're going to go naked and go "karting" and slam against your enclosure, man up and accept the responsibility for your stupidity or get an S5 Active if you are going to go outdoors without a case.

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
It is relevant. If you had taken a look at the ratings Apple has given along with the Consumer report video, it does have a weight safety limit. Even the Samsung was clocked in at a 130 lb safety limit if I remember correctly. When are people going to get over this politically correct crap and have an ounce of personal responsibility? I'm not going to sit on an iPhone or any phone for that matter since I am 160lbs. I'm not going to sit on my note and introduce tress and strain over hours and risk my very expensive COMPUTER bending/cracking/what have you. This is honestly getting ridiculous.

Stop blaming a company, ANY company, for your actions. You bought the phone. You should understand the limits of the phone. Quit whining when you act stupid. Why did Samsung introduce the active line? Do you honestly believe that they think their phone is indestructible in outdoor activities? If you're going to go naked and go "karting" and slam against your enclosure, man up and accept the responsibility for your stupidity or get an S5 Active if you are going to go outdoors without a case.
You're assuming he sat on his phone. Have you cared to ask if it was in front or back pocket?

Anyway, I'm tired of the excuses on this board. Take your phone out of your pocket when you sit, put a case on it, charge your phone in this position...

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
You're assuming he sat on his phone. Have you cared to ask if it was in front or back pocket?

Anyway, I'm tired of the excuses on this board. Take your phone out of your pocket when you sit, put a case on it, charge your phone in this position...

After playing with the iPhone 6 and 6 plus the other day, I’d have to say they are a bit more fragile then previous models, but with that said they are high-tech devices and people need to be responsible for how they use them. Maybe it would help you if Apple put a disclaimer on the box.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Yes, there are suggestions being tossed around in this board and yes there are those taking this ordeal lightly. But when we have yet to have a single member experience a bending problem, what else should be expected?

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
This is what it comes down to...People are getting fatter and phones are getting thinner and lighter. Something has got to give. Don't put your phone in your back pocket and sit on it.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion phones don't belong in pants pockets period! Before bendgate many devices got broken in pockets at least the 6 just bends so far and hasn't cracked the screen.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
This photo is fake any way. I have never seen anyone put a phone in their pocket with the screen facing out. So either the person sat on the phone, or I call shenanigans.

Seth Kim

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I honestly don't know how exactly he carried his phone in his front pocket, but it was definitely in his front pocket. He weighs all of about 150lbs and wears khakis 95% of the time.

Seth Kim

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
You sir being a senior member of these forums should be ashamed of your racist remarks. I've never posted here in iMore but I am a frequent member of both wpcentral and android central and have never been treated as such. This type of generalization and bigotry just proves how ignorant and arrogant iPhone users can be. I hope your community doesn't share your same sentiment.

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
After playing with the iPhone 6 and 6 plus the other day, I?d have to say they are a bit more fragile then previous models, but with that said they are high-tech devices and people need to be responsible for how they use them. Maybe it would help you if Apple put a disclaimer on the box.
A disclaimer would seem fair and awesome, but I highly doubt Apple will. That is why I think this awareness is much appreciated. I can understand blaming consumers after the fact, but blaming them for putting their phones without knowing and expecting bending is unfair.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You sir being a senior member of these forums should be ashamed of your racist remarks. I've never posted here in iMore but I am a frequent member of both wpcentral and android central and have never been treated as such. This type of generalization and bigotry just proves how ignorant and arrogant all phone users can be. I hope your community doesn't share your same sentiment.

There. I fixed that for you. Now, I have three things to say.
1. Welcome to iMore and I hope that you can have a nice experience here aside from how it began. This bending issue is a touchy subject for members so having it been your first post....I think the odds of a negative reaction were much higher than normal.
2. I find most of our members to be very open-minded, accepting, and diversity inclusive so I don't at all believe our community shares a racist or bigoted view.
3. BLiNK jokes. BLiNK has fun. BLiNK has never once to my knowledge tried to intentionally offend or hurt another (unless provoked lol). Here is an instance where I believe being new to the community was a short-coming when understanding the intent of a fellow member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2