Group message problem

woodjc01

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I have a problem with group messaging. When one of my co-workers, who is also on an iPhone, sends out a group text message, I do not receive it. However, he can turn around and send me a message individually and I will receive it. I do not understand what is happening to cause this and have tried numerous "fixes" to attempt to fix this but nothing has worked. Please help. :confused:

This occurs with iMessage either turned on or off. Also, I am included in the message because I can see what other co-workers say in response to his message, but I can't see his part of the message. It is like listening to a conversation going on but you can't hear one of the people speaking.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
On your iPhone, go to Settings → Messages, and then enable the toggle next to Group Messaging".

woodjc01

May 19, 2015
Visit site
On your iPhone, go to Settings → Messages, and then enable the toggle next to Group Messaging".

That is already done. He is the only one I can't receive from. The weird thing is, I can see others included in the message respond to his message, I just can't see what he says in it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you mistakenly blocked his phone number? Checked your blocked numbers, just in case.

woodjc01

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Have you mistakenly blocked his phone number? Checked your blocked numbers, just in case.

No, his number is not blocked. I can receive an individual message from him, just not a group message he starts. I am at a loss for why this is happening. And up until a few months ago, I was able to receive his group messages then, all of a sudden, I was unable to.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you are only getting the group messages when others respond to it then it's possible that you somehow left off of 'his' list for that particular group, but I'm only speculating and trying to make sense of the situation.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2