After replacing the screen my iPhone 6 plus is now in a boot loop, how can I fix this?

I

iMore Question

After replacing the screen my iphone 6 plus is now in a boot loop

After repairing my screen, when i switch phone one the Apple logo displays for about 8 seconds then the screen distorts and then turns grey and then the phone reboots. itunes does not recognise the phone before it reboots. I can't get it into DFU mode and I've tried booting in safe mode (holding down the volume down) after turning on. I've checked all screw holes to see if any have caused a short but I can't see any problem. Has anyone experienced this problem? I've run out of ideas and can see anything online relating to this .
cheers

jae

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: After replacing the screen my iphone 6 plus is now in a boot loop

The only recommendation I can give is go back in and recheck your work you might find the issue. Seeing as you problem started when you changed the screen the issue that's causing it must be in the installation

Jae Mc

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for your reply, i get what your saying but i've been through everything including putting the original part back..Checked plugs and screws, making sure no shorts have occurred. Can't see anything out of place.

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site

Check the contacts on the actually mother board and screen you may have bent one of the contact pins I almost did this to mine today had to readjust and delicately bend it back

Packer156

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site

During the replacement of the iPhone’s screen, the four screws holding the plate over the screen connectors are replaced. These screws are not all of equal length. If you fail to note which screw goes into which hole and try to insert a long screw in a hole meant for a shorter screw, it can damage the logic board of the device. This will cause an iPhone boot loop. If you want to know how to solve the problem you can search in hcqs blog.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77