Once you go 6 Plus once you'll always go back, does anyone else feel this way?

menotii

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I was an android users since many years and just recently switched to iPhone just because the 6+ big screen. Three good things : excellent battery lifetime, easy to operate big screen with single thumb, and it just works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Once you go 6 Plus once you'll always go back

I have been back and fourth with the iPhone 6 and the Plus. I thought the plus was too big for a daily driver and went back and fourth over 7 times.. but I realized the 6 is juts nothing compared once you go Plus. Anyone else feel this way?

Your inbox is full. You still have your i6 for sale?

Sent from my  Iphone 6 plus 

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

I bought an iPhone 6 plus 64 in January and I loved the device, but the size of the device was starting to get to me when answering phone calls and using the device one handed.

So last week I decided to go back to an iPhone 6 64 and I traded my 6 plus to a person on Craigslist for a iPhone 6 64 and a little cash to me.

Well after using the iPhone 6 for only a couple of days, I found the keyboard and screen seemed to small and my emails where harder to read. So here I am, back to the iPhone 6 64 which I ended up trading the iPhone 6 back to the person I bought it from.

Trust me when I say that once you had gotten used to the larger screen on the 6 plus, there is just no turning back. I found out the hard way.

imnjs

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site

I'm late to the party but I agree 100% OP. I could never go back to anything smaller now.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

Tried both, the battery life on the plus is the main seller for me.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

I love larger phones and the 6+ is just what the Dr. ordered (in an iPhone, that is).

anon(5061193)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Had the 6+ since launch and love it. There are occasions that it seems a little too big, but now with the Apple Watch, Idon't even have to touch it as often. I love it even more now

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

I use my Plus for work purposes as well as personal, and cannot see myself going back to a smaller screen now. My wife has the standard 6 and while it is great for the average user, I simply prefer the Plus for the reasons above.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I see the 6 Plus as a device that can fill the role of iPad Nano for many. However, if you'd rather have a 5s or 6 and an iPad I can see that. It seems a little redundant to me to have a 6 Plus and an iPad but I know many do.

from Elegance

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I had a Plus, Note 4, then Nexus 6. I really missed the smaller form factor so I swapped the Nexus for a 6. Now though, I think I'd like a Plus again. But, it would have to be at least 64GB. Don't need it but I like having 50+ GB unused. Lol

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It's usually hard for me to enjoy smaller phones. I think a 4" screen is the smallest I'd want and about 6" is the biggest.

from Elegance

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site

After, giving my Note 3 to my son after having it for about 3 weeks I know I was going to pass on the 6 plus. Maybe a 6 plus or another Note will be in my future once and if my eyesight decides to go bad. Everyone including myself that I see using these "phablets" are using them with two hands. To me that defeats the whole point of carrying a phone.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

After, giving my Note 3 to my son after having it for about 3 weeks I know I was going to pass on the 6 plus. Maybe a 6 plus or another Note will be in my future once and if my eyesight decides to go bad. Everyone including myself that I see using these "phablets" are using them with two hands. To me that defeats the whole point of carrying a phone.

Why do you think today's phones should only be used with one hand?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I just put my most used apps at the bottom right (I'm right handed) of the screen so one handed use is very possible on a "phablet", I just adjusted, and my eyes are extremely grateful.....simple soloution.

Gtech21

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
The size was a factor for me at first but the battery life was even more a factor. Coming from the 5s I refused to go from the 5s to the 6 and not have much difference. So I went with the 6 plus and have not looked back. I do enjoy having landscape mode in most areas as well as the better battery life. I also enjoy watching items and viewing things much better on the 6 plus. Having another phone with a 5.5 inch screen I can say the iPhone is larger because Apple made the bezel HUGE!!!!!!! I still love the iPhone 6 Plus but wish Apple would scale down on the area around the screen. That is what makes it feel unusable with one hand. My other 5.5 inch screen phone feels better in one hand but I still prefer my iPhone 6 Plus for many uses and BATTERY LIFE! No need in going from the 5s to the 6 in my opinion.

P.S. Using the double tap to bring everything at the top of the screen to the bottom is a very handy feature and can help with one handed use!

Gtech21

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

Oh and now having the Apple Watch and the iPhone 6 Plus is perfect. It means there are many occasions where I don't have to pull out the 6 plus for most texts and some quick calls. Even at the counter in Starbucks or any place that excepts Apple Pay. No fumbling and they actually are a perfect pair. The Apple Watch and iPhone 6 Plus.