Once you go 6 Plus once you'll always go back, does anyone else feel this way?

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Pre-ordered 6 Plus.
In the 8 weeks of waiting, reconsidered the size and pre-ordered 6 instead.

Received and used 6 for a couple of weeks.

Decided 6 Plus was the right choice after all.

Like others here, will (likely) never go back, except for "never say never..."

I thought I would only use iPad mini size once I had it. Went back to Air when that came out. Sold mini. Now use Air and 6 Plus - though with the 6 Plus, can more often leave the iPad behind (which was the plan when I switched from 6 to 6 Plus).

I do wish there were options for enlarged keypad on the 6 Plus, as my texting is as plagued as ever with awful typos and even worse auto-corrects! So much real estate, such awkward thumbs (and eyes), such teeny 'keys'!

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Once you go 6 Plus once you'll always go back

After Apple introduced the iPhone 6 Plus at last year's keynote, my mind was made up to get it. I had second thoughts one time when I first saw the device in person at a nearby Best Buy store, but I still opted to get it, and I'm so glad I did. I'm pleased with my purchase of it, and I'm sticking with it...;)

I was the same. Once Apple announced the 6 plus I knew I would get it. I've never regretted getting the plus over the 6. I'm used to larger phones as I used various samsung Galaxy phones over the past 2 years. However when I see people out and about with the 6 it just looks small to me.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

I have been back and fourth with the iPhone 6 and the Plus. I thought the plus was too big for a daily driver and went back and fourth over 7 times.. but I realized the 6 is juts nothing compared once you go Plus. Anyone else feel this way?

Am I the only one thinking that RavenSword has opened another account? ... :rolleyes:

2ndAmendNut

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Pre-ordered 6 Plus.
In the 8 weeks of waiting, reconsidered the size and pre-ordered 6 instead.

Received and used 6 for a couple of weeks.

Decided 6 Plus was the right choice after all.

Like others here, will (likely) never go back, except for "never say never..."

I thought I would only use iPad mini size once I had it. Went back to Air when that came out. Sold mini. Now use Air and 6 Plus - though with the 6 Plus, can more often leave the iPad behind (which was the plan when I switched from 6 to 6 Plus).

I do wish there were options for enlarged keypad on the 6 Plus, as my texting is as plagued as ever with awful typos and even worse auto-corrects! So much real estate, such awkward thumbs (and eyes), such teeny 'keys'!

I sold my iPad. My 6+ is all I need as far as mobile devices go. Still occasionally use one of our Macs but that, too, is becoming more rare as the weeks roll by with my 6+!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
After using the plus for a few months it would be a real downgrade "for me" to go back to a smaller screened device. I think 5.5" is the max size I would want tho. I could and may down the road drop down to a 5" display, depending on what's around. I think 5" to 5.5" is my sweet spot. Anything more or less wouldn't be something I'd want.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

After Apple introduced the iPhone 6 Plus at last year's keynote, my mind was made up to get it. I had second thoughts one time when I first saw the device in person at a nearby Best Buy store, but I still opted to get it, and I'm so glad I did. I'm pleased with my purchase of it, and I'm sticking with it...;)

I was the opposite. Many of my past iMore posts were in the "iPhone needs a big phone" threads stating, without question, that I would never get a big phone. When the iPhone 6+ was introduced I was even more sure that it was too big and I would never own one. Then I handled one and, thanks to a very nice young woman at my local Apple Store, I was able to play with one for a long time. Long story short, I'm counting the time to when I can upgrade so I can get a 6+.

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site

I had a Note 2 and Note 3, the novelty of big screens has passed me by. I am more than happy with my iPhone 6, pefect screen size that fits happily in my hands IMO

I honestly don't have big screen envy anymore nor do I care.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

I like the big screens because they totally alleviate any need I had for a tablet.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

I can never go back to a smaller phone again. I never once thought of getting the 6. I also use a Note 4 and Note Edge so I guess I kind of like bigger phones.

I also have started using my iPad once a day now after getting the 6+ and that is only to check on some sites that I have bookmarked only on the iPad.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

At first I was struggling between the 6 and the plus. I questioned myself if I really need such a big device and I also thought about keeping my 5S.
Then I decided to get the plus because of its better battery life and the optic image stabilization. Then my 6 plus arrived and I compared it to my old 5S, at first I thought it's way too big... but then I got used to it and NEVER thought about getting the 6 or 5S again, so for me it's not even trying out another device and going back to it. I wanna keep it forever :p

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site

i had the 6 and went to the 6 plus and will not go back to the 6.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I actually did it today... Switched to the 6 Plus!!! Will take some getting used to but I don't think I'll go back after I do. Loving the weight of it!

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

I got the 6+ on launch day. Picked up the last one in the store. I have no regrets and I can safely say I'd never go down a size! The 6+ is perfect for me and its the main reason I came back to iPhone's.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

I got the 6+ on launch day. Picked up the last one in the store. I have no regrets and I can safely say I'd never go down a size! The 6+ is perfect for me and its the main reason I came back to iPhone's.

I feel the same - upgraded from the 5s and now looking back, can't believe I used a size smaller.

FunkMasterJoe

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

I originally ordered the iPhone 6+, but it was back ordered so far and with my lack of patience, just went with the regular 6 and I liked it quite a bit. My fianc? ended up dropping her phone, so I let her have my 6 and I upgraded my other line, this time to the 6+, and I'm so glad it worked out like this. I enjoyed the 6 no doubt, but I love the 6+. The screen is amazing and I've never really felt hindered by the size.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I was the opposite. Many of my past iMore posts were in the "iPhone needs a big phone" threads stating, without question, that I would never get a big phone. When the iPhone 6+ was introduced I was even more sure that it was too big and I would never own one. Then I handled one and, thanks to a very nice young woman at my local Apple Store, I was able to play with one for a long time. Long story short, I'm counting the time to when I can upgrade so I can get a 6+.

Ove already got the cash in my fun fund all saved up for the Plus in September so I can buy outright and get it unlocked. All ready for September already.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I just switched from the 6 to the 6+ and I wish I would've gotten the 6+ the first time around. But it hasn't even been a full day yet so maybe it's still the early honeymoon phase. I guess the real test will be how it will fit in at work. I work in the medical field and I don't see how it will comfortably fit in my scrub pockets. Now I'm on the hunt to find a case!! I got the Apple leather case but I'm not 100% sold on it but the AT&T store didn't have many options unfortunately.

sallenthornton

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I knew as soon as the 6 plus was announced that it was the phone for me. I never once considered the smaller version.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl