Some thoughts on the phone after a month

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
So I took it in yesterday. They did there usually diagnostics and said everything looked fine. They opened it up and said it didn't look like any internals were broken or disconnected. So they put it in DFU mode and they restored the software and firmware. Although it did plug it in my computer to restore just like he did, I didn't do DFU mode, so maybe that is better?

I don't know. He took a lot of notes and he said that I should try it out and see if this worked. If not, then they'll know its a hardware issue and theyll look at it from a hardware aspect.

So while I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get a hardware swap, it does seem like the phone is acting smoother than before. I'll keep an eye on it over the next week or so. I'm mainly just tired of driving out there and wasting gas, ha ha.

I guess the important thing is if your phone performs better. But I'm sure if them doing a restore doesn't work, and problems persist, you will get a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I also brought up the thing about the NAND flash issues the initial iPhones 6s had, but he said that it only effected 128gb models and since mine is a 64gb, it shouldn't be effected. Also, since I got my phone in January, I don't think my phone would have been part of that bad batch anyway, right?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I also brought up the thing about the NAND flash issues the initial iPhones 6s had, but he said that it only effected 128gb models and since mine is a 64gb, it shouldn't be effected. Also, since I got my phone in January, I don't think my phone would have been part of that bad batch anyway, right?

What was the issue with the 128 GB versions?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
A wonky nand flash that caused crashes and stuff. Apple did stop using this though, but they're were initial batch units that have that weird flash memory. My confusion though is if it was only in initial 128gb units or if it effected 64gb ones as well. And if my phone would even be in that batch if I got it in janueary?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I do wish there was a way that didn't invokve jail breaking that I could see what kind of bands flash storage I'm using. But if I got mine in hanuary I'm unsure if mine was even part of that weird first batch or not.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I do wish there was a way that didn't invokve jail breaking that I could see what kind of bands flash storage I'm using. But if I got mine in hanuary I'm unsure if mine was even part of that weird first batch or not.

Let's hope that you don't have any more issues.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Let's hope that you don't have any more issues.

Hopefuly. I don't want to keep going their and come across as abusing the Genius Bar support help by being there every other week. So I'm hoping this was the last trip. So far it seems ok, I still don't know how doing a restore in DFU mode was different, but maybe that did the trick.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So it seems like the only site that is giving me issues of crashing the browser, wether it's safari or chrome, is a site I go to for windows news called thurrott.com. It's only crashing instantly on the 6 plus. It doesn't do that on my iPad or anything. If someone reading this has there 6 plus handy, can you go to that site and see if it crashes for you?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
17591280492433c40e39c3f292068484.jpg

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Weird. Very weird. It seriously crashes for me every time. I think this is the only site doing this though. So maybe I'll just not visit it.

But still, I have no clue why mines the only one doing it. I assume that's software and not my iPhone hardware?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2