Why am I suddenly losing internet connection?

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Suddenly losing internet connection

Hello guys,

I have had an iPhone 6 Plus since launch day and never had any issues connecting the Internet. I always had the latest software, and sometimes I like to update to Beta iOS versions too. So I recently updated to iOS 8.2 Beta 4, then 5 when it got released and I also updated to iOS 8.3 Beta 1 as soon as it got released.

My device was running fine all this time, when I updated to iOS 8.3 Beta 1 I felt like this beta build is unstable (but everything was still working fine), I decided to restore to iOS 8.1.3 but found out that all the iCloud backups are compatible with iOS 8.2 Beta 5 and iOS 8.3 only, so I restored my device to iOS 8.2 Beta 5 which used to be stable on my device before going to iOS 8.3 Beta 1.

Once my device was restored to iOS 8.2 Beta 5 I started facing lots of issues with the WiFi connection. I found out that the iPhone started dropping the internet connection every like a minute. It caused a lot of trouble restoring from iCloud as the connection is getting reset for some reason. I kept retrying till finally it restored and gave me access to the iOS now.

It started restoring apps, it was so slow downloading them although I am on a 100 Mbps plan on Fiber, with a 802.11ac WiFi, with 4 bars connection (full indicator). Browsing the Internet itself feels slow. Doing a speed test using the speedtest.net app always fails, rarely works although my Mac, iPad Air and all other devices including PS4, and TV are working fine.

I decided to start the Network Utility on Mac and do unlimited ping test with Google, I was always getting under 10 ms, mostly 7 ms. Not a single request time out. Even when my iPhone claims no internet connectivity I find my Mac able to browse any website, and the network utility still pinging constantly to Google servers.

The iPhone 6 Plus does not actually drop the WiFi connection. It's always connected, always full WiFi strength, rarely three bars. It's just that suddenly nothing works. Sometimes my iPhone will restore connection on it's own in about 10 to 20 seconds, but sometimes I will need to turn off the WiFi and turn it back on.

This is really annoying, it keeps cutting Skype calls, and keeps bugging the YouTube app while controlling my smart TV YouTube app. In the mean time I will try to restore my iPhone to iOS 8.2 Beta 5 again hoping it gets fixed, but I will also be waiting for your replies hoping you have a fix. Btw, I can't really afford to downgrade to iOS 8.1.3 because I got lots of important files that I cannot risk losing, and I am still on the basic iCloud as I decided to keep my iPad Air on iOS 7 for maximum performance.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Suddenly losing internet connection

Restore the iOS - and set up the phone as new... sync to iTunes...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2