Pros vs. Cons of an Unlocked 6 Plus

2ndAmendNut

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I have decided to treat myself to a 6 Plus. The problem is I still have another 12 months on my current VZN contract so I'm paying full price. We have been talking about moving over to another carrier at the end of this contract so I was thinking of getting an unlocked phone.

So what are the pros and cons of an unlocked phone?

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
The factory unlocked version comes with some additional LTE bands that may be helpful if you travel to certain specific countries. The unlocked model may also have a slightly higher resale value because of that.

If you don't travel or sell your phones, then there is no added value for you to get the factory unlocked version versus the Verizon Wireless version, which is also unlocked as vjh425 said.

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
You take a SIM card and put it in the phone. Everything should be automatic from there, provided the phone works on the same GSM bands.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
what does it take to connect an unlocked phone to a cellular service?
Install a SIM that's been activated by the carrier of your choice... and if activating a Verizon device on Verizon... the MEID will need to be put on your number on your account for legacy CDMA support...

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
For those on AT&T not yet eligible for an "upgrade"- Don't buy under the NEXT program unless you are low on cash. It's the full price of the phone (over 20-24 months) and it's still locked to AT&T only!! I would buy an unlocked iPhone if you are paying full price anyways. it will be an easier resale and bring a higher price down the road..

2ndAmendNut

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I just went with the current carrier, Verizon, since we likely won't be switching next year anyway. Btw, LOVE this 6 Plus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77