Those coming from Android: What do you miss?

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
I miss the open file manager really, I could download any mp3, video, photo in the browser, download from the browser and copy it to wherever I want in my files, make folders and the like. Connecting to the PC with a drag and drop system was a convenience too.

But, I'm happy with the way iTunes organizes my stuff for me, I don't have to do anything.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I go back and forth with my iPhone 6 plus and note 4. Only two things I wish I could do on ios. Put app icons anywhere I want on the screen, like two rows only on the bottom and have my calendar agenda widget on my second page. I'm in sales and I love having my calendar right there.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I think as time goes on less and less. I've had my 6 plus for almost 4 months. At first I missed things like the back button, widgets and having a filing system. However I've grown used to and now prefer how things are on iOS. For example, I use the swipe to go back feature and it's become ingrained in my muscle memory. If I use my boyfriend's note 3 I've noticed that I'll try the swiping feature to go back and for a few seconds i'm sitting there wondering why nothing happened lol

I also prefer widgets in iOS now. I was able to find pretty much the same widgets I used on android and they function in the same way, although they are now tucked neatly away in the notification panel only seen when I need them. I also actually prefer the home screen situation on ios. Yes it's boring but I've organised things just how I like it and I know exactly where everything is. On android, I'd put widgets on the home screen and some apps, but the majority were in the app draw. Sometimes if I wanted to use an app I wasn't sure if it was on my home screen or the app draw and it would take some time to find it. On my iPhone everything is arranged on my home screens with apps placed in folders based on the type of app. So I basically know just where everything is.

I think because I have a lot of apple devices (iPhone, iPads, macbook air and apple TV) everything just works well together. When I used android devices, even though I had tablets and phones, things just didn't feel that connected.

The thing I probably miss the most is drag and drop to get content onto my devices. It's much more straight forward than using iTunes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2