Where do Ringtones go after I purchase them?

iphone 6 plus girl

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Ringtone problems

I have recently bought Four ringtones and they are not on my iPhone 6 plus any where. I have been on the Apple forums but so far haven't found the right answer. I hope somebody on here can hel me. Ty

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Ringtone problems

I have recently bought Four ringtones and they are not on my iPhone 6 plus any where. I have been on the Apple forums but so far haven't found the right answer. I hope somebody on here can hel me. Ty

If you log into iTunes from a laptop. Can you see them within your purchases?

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Did you buy the ringtone directly from the iTunes store on your phone or via iTunes on your computer? Direct purchases in the mobile iTunes store are directly added to your ringtone library of the device (and it should have prompted you if you wanted to make it your default tone or assign it to a contact). Those purchased on iTunes or from other sources would have to be sync'ed with your iPhone in iTunes.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

If you log into iTunes from a laptop. Can you see them within your purchases?

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

Just for clarification, ringtones that are purchased once from the iTunes Store don't fall under your purchases to download again. You literally need to sync the tones on iTunes so that they're saved because if they get erased from your phone somehow, you can't re-download them for free again.

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

This has happened many times to me. What happens if u try to buy the same ringtone again?? Does it say all ready purchased?? If it does , what I have done is hard reset and try to purchase the ringtone again. If it still says all ready purchased, I click the buy button again anyway. The ringtone is always there after I do that and I've never been charged for buying it a 2nd time. You could try this method for 1 ringtone, and then check your email to be sure you were not charged a 2nd( I've never had a 2nd charge) time. Then do the same for the other ringtones you purchased that didn't show up. It's the only way I could get a handful of my ringtones to show up. Good luck

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Same problem... Have you found an answer yet?

You've already been given the answer.

I actually tried this both ways...and one of the times, after buying the ringtone on my device using the iTunes app, I shut my phone down after it was applied to my device and it had disappeared. I then did it again, and it once against applied to my device but this time, I sync'ed my purchases between iTunes and my iPhone and it populated into my ringtones library on my computer as well and now it stays in both places.

Bottom line, if you buy a ringtone on the iTunes app on your device, immediately (or as quickly as you can) sync your DL's on iTunes on your computer. For whatever reason, the ringtones do not register as downloaded if you simply do it on your phone but have to do a restart of any kind (I actually submitted this to Apple's technical response team for review as well).

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
This is a problem with the 8.1.1 update. Apple is working on a fix.
They sent me an email this morning and confirmed this problem is widespread with the update. And as you said they are working on a fix. For me my lost ring gtones show up on my MacBook pro itunes but will not sync to my phone. The only way I could get them back was to hit the "problem" icon next to the tone in my downloads after three downloads I triggered the email response from apple. I'll wait for the fix.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
This may seem like an odd question but can't we just use Garage Band to edit a portion of the song and make it a ringtone or has apple forbidden that and forces us to pay $2 for 20 seconds of audio.

keithbum

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I can't find them, can't sync them with iTunes, running iOS 9.2 on iphone 6. Also cannot fine ANY answer to this question that works.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77