Hard choice iPhone 6 Plus or Samsung Note 4

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
For me the switch from android and wp was smooth one. On android my most time went with the tinkering of the rom and OS, where on iOS I can just use the phone:)
Ppi doesn't matter to me really. Not the reason I choose my phones. Reliability, smoothness of OS, good enough camera and fast AF. These are some of my reasons when choosing a phone. My old Lumia 1020 had amazing smartphone camera but too slow AF for my kid and the new OS updates made a mess of the user experience. Not to mention that many apps I used was looking too much graphically simplified (metro look).
Now with iPhone 6 I get all I want from a smartphone and even the batter life is best I have had with any phone so far. Few days with medium use, 7-8 h with heavy use.

mpl175

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Like I said it's all about what's best for each individual. I have to agree,I can't stand hangouts never use it. Face time is a much better experience.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I wish there was timelapse and (true) 240fps modes on the Note 4!
Timelapse is great once you realize what it's good for.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Samsung Note 4 this year I'm going to try to stick out out until the iPhone 7 comes out I still have my iPad anyone else have a hard time choosing between an iPhone 6 Plus and a Samsung Note 4
My main reason for going with a Note 4
1. It was available and the iPhone 6 Plus was not from Tmobile
2. I saved money received $200 from samsung
3. Try something different

I know an iPhone works flawlessly but it's a choice I had to make

I originally had an IPhone 4 then switched to Galaxy S3 and hated the device. Then I got an IPhone 5 and vowed never to leave Apple. Along came the Note 3 with an opportunity to get a Galaxy Gear watch and was sold. I love the stylus and screen over my IPhone 5.

Then September rolls around, and I show the keynote to my students. As I watch the keynote, I am thinking, wow this device is impressive along with the watch. I also see Apple Pay and how easy that looks and I think wow, this is impressive.

Now its time to upgrade so which device do I choose? I was desiring a chance so I elected to upgrade to a Moto X. That did not last long as Stock Android requires too much modification.

Then its time for my wife to upgrade her IPhone 5s and what does she choose....IPhone 6 plus. All I could say was wow, this device is impressive. The screen is awesome and seems way better than the Note 4. The battery life is way better as well.

So, I decide that I am not going to switch back to Apple and get a Galaxy Gear S watch and decide to wait for the Note Edge. That is my plan and I am sticking to it.

Then I hear on one of my podcasts today,. that Apple is trying to make this Apple Pay into a turnkey solution where you can order stuff from a store and pick it up. So, you can order the Starbucks coffee, it will give you an estimated time for being done and you walk into Starbucks and pick it up. Wow, that is impressive.So, now I am thinking....maybe Apple again. Today, I hear that Google Wallet is coming to an end in March. Not sure of the logical reason. Seems that Apple is paving the way for them. Getting out of the industry seems to not make sense.

I think there are a lot of us torn between the 2 devices. I must admit, that the IPhone 6 plus is an awesome device to hold. Its much easier to hold than the Note.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
^^^ Not sure about Google Wallet going away. This article has more details. Looks like the digital purchases are being phased out (minus Google Play) Google to retire Wallet for digital purchases API, affecting third-party merchants | Android Central

Yeah that part is real vague. I found this on tech crunch so, my guess is that it might be but, it might not be.

Here is what merchants need to know, taken from Google Wallet for digital goods Retirement:
••Process Payments until March 2: You can continue to process payments via Google Wallet for digital goods until we shut it off on March 2, 2015.
••Remove Integration: If you don’t have your own payment processing, you will need to transition to an alternate solution and remove calls to our APIs before March 2, 2015.
••Continued Merchant Center Access: You will continue to have access to the merchant center for processing refunds, getting payouts, and seeing reports.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 Plus and I like it. If I was able to have iMessage on a Note 4 I would totally get one! I also have a Mac and an iPad Air and having iMessage (and now regular SMS) baked in at the OS level is awesome. The ease and seamless integration really can't be duplicated with third party apps in my opinion. One thing I hated when I had a Note 3 was the limitations the carriers put on SMS. I couldn't send certain gifs or short videos through messaging like I'm used to doing on my iPhone. Since it's the way I'm used to communicating and interacting with my circle of friends losing that ability matters to me. Probably 99% of the people I regularly communicate with all have iPhones and most didn't want to be bothered with installing other apps (like Google Hangouts) to try to work around the limitations of SMS when everything literally "just works" with iMessage and it's the built-in, default application. No downloading and signing up for another messaging solution, it's just there and does what you need/want it to do.

I know the Note 4 has many great features and in my opinion makes better use of the screen size than the 6 Plus. But until I can get iMessage, Android is a no go for me. And yes, I realize that Android will never have iMessage and therein lies my dilemma. LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2