Otterbox Symmetry vs. Otterbox Defender

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have experience with the Symmetry?

I have used Defenders on all of my iPhones and am gearing up to get one for the 6 Plus (I was told they will be available quite soon).

I wanted to know if the Symmetry offers enough protection for the device. Has anyone used one on other devices before? I am afraid the Defender will be too bulky on the big 6 Plus, but I generally prefer Otterbox cases so I have been thinking about switching over to Symmetry (assuming it offers enough protection).

Thanks.

rad3144

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Have you ever looked at rokform? I switched from otterboxes after i had a 4s in one for 6 months, I wanted something less bulky, I also wanted mountable, they have a really cool mounting system, two actually. One with magnets, and another more sturdy mount for biking, tripod adapter etc. Only thing that sucks is they wont have 6 plus cases until december, I would check them out, I have been real happy with mine on my 5s

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a connection at Otterbox so I am going that route.

Taz, does the Symmetry only have a bumper? So it is only one layer of protection unlike the Defender?

Thanks.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you ever looked at rokform? I switched from otterboxes after i had a 4s in one for 6 months, I wanted something less bulky, I also wanted mountable, they have a really cool mounting system, two actually. One with magnets, and another more sturdy mount for biking, tripod adapter etc. Only thing that sucks is they wont have 6 plus cases until december, I would check them out, I have been real happy with mine on my 5s
The newer Otterbox cases are not as bulky as they used to be. Especially those made for the 4/4s a couple years ago. Those were really bulky.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Symmetry does have a back, and as for the defender they are getting way less bulky on the new models. I really liked the one made for the 6

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The Defender I had on my iPhone 5 was enormous.

I am asking all these questions because I have to make a call on one of the Otterboxes without being able to see them first on the Plus.

Hawk, you wouldn't happen to have any pics of your 6 Defender on the phone would you? Would be great to see.

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2