Looking to buy iPhone 6 plus in United Kingdom to use in USA

EAC1968

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Before any one asks, I currently live in England and will be moving back to USA next June. So, I have been reading up and I just want to make sure that what I am reading is correct. I am looking to buy the iPhone 6 plus (unlocked) here in the UK. I want to make sure that this phone will work in the USA. I am planning to use AT&T as a carrier when I move back. This is where things start to get a little fuzzy for me, and it's all about LTE. I see on Apple's website that model A1522 will work on AT&T's network. Then Apple has another model chart with model A1524 and if I am understanding correctly, the A1524 LTE does not work on AT&T but with Sprint, US Cellular and a couple of others. It appears that if I buy the iPhone 6 plus over here in the UK that I will wind up with the A1524 and that the LTE will not work on AT&T's network. Am I understanding that correctly? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Elizabeth
:)

EAC1968

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Thanks for responding. I am so confused I don't know whether to scratch my watch or wind my bum! Plus, I know there are websites that will say which model numbers to look for but they do not mention if it is an A1522 or A1524. One would think that for the kind of money that is being shelled out that this would not be so difficult. As you can tell I am female and when I turn on the faucet the water comes out, I don't want to know how it gets there, just want the water. No different than getting tele. I turn on the tele and poof, a program shows up, I am not interested in what happens behind the scenes, shallow I know but I am honest.:angel:

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
If you can wait till others try it first, I would. Otherwise, go with A1524. The Apple LTE page lists the individual bands and frequencies supported. The A1524 supports all the A1522 frequencies and bands, plus a few others. In the US, the different would only be felt between Verizon & Sprint on the CDMA side, neither of which will activate a phone not bought expressly for their network. The LTE and GSM sides are better off with the A1524 for more "full" support.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77