My Iphone5s connects to laptop but it wont charge

rrowsyy

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
So, I have my iphone5s for more than a year now. And I have changed its charger about 4x already. so i bought a new charger and it only lasted for a week. i am still using it though. the problem is that when i connect my phone to my laptop, it does work. but then, it doesnt charge. what should i do? please help

cuttheredwire

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
1. Make sure you are using official Apple chargers. There is a huge counterfeiting problem.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/amitch...one-chargers-on-amazon-are-fake/#26bd85f25b07

2. Make sure it's an official MFi (Made for iDevice) cable in good condition. No surprise here, but good cables are seldom cheap.

3. As for your laptop not charging, how old is the laptop? Older models are short on power. (I had to use a Y-connector for an old CD-ROM drive on an old laptop; it fine with a single connector on a newer laptop.)

4. There is a chance something is wrong with the port on the phone. Make sure that it's clean. Dust can cause problems.

If possible, as in there is a **known-good** phone, cable, and charger to try, that will let you isolate the problem. (Note: New is presumed good, but unknown until tested.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2