iPhone 5S doesn't charge (sometimes)

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
My wife's 5S (quite new, bought last september) in the last 2 months is having an issue. Not so often, just sometimes, but it just refuse to charge when connected to the charger. I tried several chargers (all Apple's original chargers) with no luck.
If I switch it off and reconnect it to the charger, it charges normally....

Any advices ?
It still is under AppleCare (2 years in Europe) so the idea is to have it checked by Apple.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My youngest son just went through this a few days ago with his iPhone 5S. He switched chargers after a couple of days and voila! It began charging normally. This is the only time it has happened, and hopefully, it'll never happen again. Why it happened in the first place, I do not know, unfortunately.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
My youngest son just went through this a few days ago with his iPhone 5S. He switched chargers after a couple of days and voila! It began charging normally. This is the only time it has happened, and hopefully, it'll never happen again. Why it happened in the first place, I do not know, unfortunately.
It happened twice at my wife in the last two months. And in her case, switching chargers didn't work (I have 4 chargers at home: two iPhones and two iPads).
Just rebooting the iPhone is the solution :confused:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It was my first guess... But it seems to be clean.

I don't know, I'm considering the opinion to fix an appointment at the Genius Bar

My friend thought his was clean too. Then apple tech pulled out enough to make a pillow. Now it works fine.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
An appointment to genius bar might be your best option if its still under AppleCare.
Yep. AppleCare is 2 years in Italy.
My friend thought his was clean too. Then apple tech pulled out enough to make a pillow. Now it works fine.
It wouldn't explain why it works after the reboot...
Next time it will happen, I'll fix an appointment at the Genius Bar.