Excessive battery drain & missing stats, what can I do?

I

iMore Question

Excessive battery drain & missing stats

I have an iPhone 5S which is on iOS 9.2.1. The battery drains extremely fast while the phone is not is use, screen locked, the drain is much lesser during normal usage. Also, the battery stats page keeps saying that the battery stats will occur after using the phone for a few minutes all the time. The phone also says that this iPhone has been plugged in since last charge, but the time counters since the last full charge are fine.

I had the same issue on iOS 9.2. I tried a hard reset, and a clean iTunes restore, I am out of ideas, what do i do?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Excessive battery drain & missing stats

Welcome to iMore! If you've done a clean install through iTunes and the problem persists I'm inclined to think it's hardware related. It could just be your battery itself which makes sense considering the excessive draining. Apple's lithium batteries are designed to retain 80% of original capacity for 500 full charge cycles. After that, it's normal to start experiencing decreased battery life.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Excessive battery drain & missing stats

The battery is wearing out. It happens. My old iPhone 5 battery is shot. Very soon, you will either need to get a new battery or a new phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2