How best to set up mail and calendar sync
I'm the so called technology expert at our church but I am a PC/Android user. We are setting him up with an email on our domain. We have to get him a computer still but it will probably be Macbook Pro and he has an iphone 5s. He plans to purchase an iPad. I'm pretty sure setting up the email to sync with our domain won't be too difficult since it supports IMAP protocol.
I'm trying to decide on the best method/tool for calendar. He needs to be able to view/edit/and automatically sync on iphone, ipad, mac and possibly PC. I would like his calendar to be at least viewable by our secretary on a PC. Preferably she would be able to add appointments and sync with all of his devices. I also want the flexibility if we add other staff to be able to see each other's calendars whether they are PC, Mac, iphone or Android. I'm leaning towards using Google Calendar for sync. Is there any reason not to or a better solution? If so is it better to use the Google Calendar app ob iPhone or use the iPhone calendar app?
- Best AnswerMay 11 2015 | 1:01 pm EDT
You set everything up in a similar method you would a PC... go to the appropriate places in the settings for each device and app and enter what's needed.
- 05-11-2015, 01:01 PM #2
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 06-11-2015, 04:32 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5Replies: 1Last Post: 05-11-2015, 12:53 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-11-2015, 12:30 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-11-2015, 12:12 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-11-2015, 11:51 AM