Any 5s owners upgrading to the 6s or 6s Plus?

eSport

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
currently on an iPhone 5s contract up for early upgrade sep/oct this year. *better half updated from 5 to 6 and she is happy as larry.

me - will wait to see how the iPhone 6s form factor eventuates.

the size of the 6/6+ is welcome, but for me meh as i've had the fortune to use a GNote back in the days when 5"+ size phones elicited the 'wtf' is that :raised-eyebrow: hahaha.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I took the case off of my 5s today (while at home) and it was laying on the kitchen table and my Wife picked it up thinking it was hers (we have the same color...GOLD), and suddenly she realized it was not hers while making a remark, " how in the world do you keep your iPhone looking so new, not one scratch or mark on this thing". Needless to say, I don't really need a new iPhone 6, my 5s looks as though I took it out of the box today instead of 13 months ago. I'm really starting to grasp the difference between NEED and WANT.....SMILE.

If I had that nice iPad of yours, I would not need a large screen phone. Actually, I would prefer a 4" screen phone to go with an iPad. It's much better for carrying around. I don't have large pockets.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
If I had that nice iPad of yours, I would not need a large screen phone. Actually, I would prefer a 4" screen phone to go with an iPad. It's much better for carrying around. I don't have large pockets.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well

Saukrateaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
After putting hands on the 6 family, I have no desire to upgrade to it and hope that isnt the future for the iPhone family. Not a good feel for my personal interests.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't really care for the way the 6+ feels by itself. It FEELS fragile to me and knowing about BendGate/BenDghazi does nothing to increase my confidence there.

However, I'm smitten with the way it feels in this Tech 21 Impact Mesh case. I'm a HUGE fan of Tech 21 from the way their Impact Mesh cases look to the awesome protection offered.

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I love the form factor of the 5s so much that I'm not planning to upgrade again until Apple releases another 4" iphone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YorkieRay

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
What about the iPhone 5c owners? I also have a BlackBerry Z10 and the 2 year contract on that phone runs out next week. I have decided to extend for another year on a sim only with the option to upgrade after 6 months. I was offered a very tasty deal to upgrade the Z10 to an iPhone 6 64GB for free with reduced monthly payments by O2 UK, but I declined. I need to cut my spending and I don't need 2 iPhones.
My iPhone 5c contract expires in November and I will upgrade the Z10 then to the new iPhone 6s, if it is worth the upgrade over the 6. I really want an iPhone with a larger screen, the 5c screen seems too small with my eyesight.

I would now like to make a controversial prediction. I do not think that Apple will ever replace the 5s. I predict that a new 4" iPhone will replace the 5c and will be offered with a similar range of colours. I think that Apple will cut their range of 4" phones to just one model.

Last edited:

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I recently got a gold iPhone 5S. It's my second iPhone (my first was the iPhone 4 that I got nearly four years ago) and I love it. I've thought about getting the 6 but decided against it because of the higher SAR rating and the higher price. I wouldn't get the 6 Plus because it's just too big for me and I'm a petite gal who has small hands in spite of having long fingers. When I started thinking of getting another iPhone a couple of months back, I immediately knew I would go for the 5S because the size is definitely better suited for me. The biggest phone I have is the HTC One M7 and I think that's about as large as I'd go, but I definitely prefer the size of the 5S.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2