iPhone 5s display is off

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I bought a brand new iPhone 5s with iOS 7.1.2. I jailbroke it, added iCleaner, and Hiddensettings7. A week later I noticed the display was not coming on. I clicked the home button, could hear the screen shots being taken etc. I plugged in the charger and the display flickered them came on. Two days later the same thing happned. The display was off and I tried everything. I rebooted the phone, I restored from back up. I don't want to update the phone to iOS 8. Anyways nothing worked. I never experienced this issue ever. The phone is sitting here useless. What can I do?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Could there be a JB tweak causing that? It didn't happen before the jailbreak. Check that first. If you need to take it to the Genius Bar, you'll need to remove the jailbreak for your warranty to be good.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Update: I noticed shining a led flashlight on the screen reveals the display... Could this replacement phone have a bad display? Sheesh

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Update: I noticed shining a led flashlight on the screen reveals the display... Could this replacement phone have a bad display? Sheesh

Sounds like the backlight is not working so I would say the phone has a bad display.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77