Lagging as soon you unlock the iPhone.

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
How many of you guys have noticed the lag as soon you unlock the phone? Those days as soon as I unlock I was able to swipe through pages. But now with iOS7 i have to wait a good second or two till I can swipe. Not a big deal but it's frustrating at times.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
The unlock animation is what causes the delay between swiping. You have to wait till the icons are done falling into place before you are able to swipe. You can try turning on reduce motion to see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The unlock animation is what causes the delay between swiping. You have to wait till the icons are done falling into place before you are able to swipe. You can try turning on reduce motion to see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was the case for me but then 7.1 sped up the animations. OP, have you updated to 7.1.1?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
How many of you guys have noticed the lag as soon you unlock the phone? Those days as soon as I unlock I was able to swipe through pages. But now with iOS7 i have to wait a good second or two till I can swipe. Not a big deal but it's frustrating at times.

I have since 7.1 especailly. And 7.1.1 did not fix it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I noticed it to. Sometimes the clock in status bar takes even a brief second to show up. Once it's there, I'm able to use my phone

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't notice a lag on my 5. Everything is pretty quick. I will say the more stuff (apps, music, photos and etc.) you have, the more lag you'll have. Streamline your phone (cut out the fat), and it will run smoother and faster.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't notice a lag on my 5. Everything is pretty quick. I will say the more stuff (apps, music, photos and etc.) you have, the more lag you'll have. Streamline your phone (cut out the fat), and it will run smoother and faster.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

This is the most streamlined I can get
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399856913.413776.jpg