Does charging a device in "Airplane Mode" help speed up the process?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I read a post on the home page of imore that charging in airplane mode, charges the phone faster. I was as 1% & now im at 20% in last 10 min

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
re: Does charging a device in "Airplane Mode" help speed up the process?

That makes sense since the antennas aren't using any power, but phones charge quickly up to around 75% and then they charge slower after that.

neonworm

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Yep. That's because airplane mode shuts off some features, like calling and texting. That means less battery used. Same reason why a phone charges faster when it is off.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

so, is it better to turn on airplane mode even if you arnt using it so you don't have to charge it as much?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I just put my 5S on the charger with cellular data on and it got 14% in 10 minutes. Just leave it on. Lighting port give these things a fast charge.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

How fast do you need to charge it? I personally do not want to miss an important call because I wanted my phone to charge up faster-

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Thankfully, I rarely need to charge my iPhone before bedtime. If everybody is at home, I'll just turn it completely off and let it charge overnight. Works for me...:)

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Wow lol. I don't think I ever turned my phone off other than to restart it.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

I use my iPad charger. And never turn the phone off except in unusual circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thankfully, I rarely need to charge my iPhone before bedtime. If everybody is at home, I'll just turn it completely off and let it charge overnight. Works for me...:)
I can charge my phone from dead letting it go off completely drained in about 2 hours and usually leave it an extra hour. I quoted you only because when you said you turn it off, As soon as you plug it in with mins. it powers back on anyway so it is never totally off through the process??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can charge my phone from dead letting it go off completely drained in about 2 hours and usually leave it an extra hour. I quoted you only because when you said you turn it off, As soon as you plug it in with mins. it powers back on anyway so it is never totally off through the process??

No, I connect to the charger and then turn it off.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2