charged my 5s

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's nothing to be concerned about. If you plug it back in for about two minutes, it should display 100%. Possibly a failsafe mechanism to prevent overcharging.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Your iPhone will charge to 85% if I'm not mistaken. Once there it will slow charge to 100%. After that if still plugged in it will stop charging again to keep the battery from overcharging. It will keep going through this cycle as long as it's plugged in. This is the way it has been with iPhone's.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Your iPhone will charge to 85% if I'm not mistaken. Once there it will slow charge to 100%. After that if still plugged in it will stop charging again to keep the battery from overcharging. It will keep going through this cycle as long as it's plugged in. This is the way it has been with iPhone's.

It starts slow charging at 80% then stop charging at 100% and won't start charging again until it drops to about 95-97%

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It is no different as Zerog explained when you charge a motorcycle battery which until recent was the business I was in. It will burst charge it to 85% then go into a trickle mode and it's main purpose other than overcharging which with these new battery technologies are quite hard to do, It also keeps them from overheating which would degrade the battery more than anything else no matter what kind of battery. Zerog is totally right but just thought to throw this in and now you got it all. One last thing, As long as it remained plugged in it is going to stay at 100% until you remove it from the charger anyway so it will stop charging and remain in a dormant state anyway.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It is no different as Zerog explained when you charge a motorcycle battery which until recent was the business I was in. It will burst charge it to 85% then go into a trickle mode and it's main purpose other than overcharging which with these new battery technologies are quite hard to do, It also keeps them from overheating which would degrade the battery more than anything else no matter what kind of battery. Zerog is totally right but just thought to throw this in and now you got it all. One last thing, As long as it remained plugged in it is going to stay at 100% until you remove it from the charger anyway so it will stop charging and remain in a dormant state anyway.

I'm just going by what apple's site says
https://www.apple.com/ca/batteries/#mn_p

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm just going by what apple's site says
https://www.apple.com/ca/batteries/#mn_p

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
Ok so what is the argument if any? 5% here or there from what am saying backed by the info Zerog reported is no big deal. I agree with everyone including you so there is no big deal here. Everyone who answered is correct, There is no wrong here and thank you for providing the link.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yeah. Once it's fully charged to 100% your phone is pretty much in standby mode his happens a lot for me. Charged over night, take it off the plug and I'm down to 97% in a matter of minutes.

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Slow continues discharge till phone automatically switch off itself. Then charge it again to 100%. If possible try not to use the phone while it's charging for this charging cycle. Hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77