5s randomly restarting

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
my phone is randomly restarting. anyone else have this problem?

I started paying close attention to mine and my Wife's Gold 5s after reading about this same problem in another thread and site a couple of days ago, I'm glad to say no random restarts here on either phones. I'm thinking that it could be an app of some sort. I purchased our iPhone's from Verizon if that makes any difference.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure its an app. I had the issue the first few days the 5S was released but I deleted a few apps & haven't had any issues since.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Is everyone talking about a reboot just like when a Windows computer reboots after a "Restart" command is issued?

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I read somewhere that it could be a springboard crash meaning way too much crap open in the background. Or possibly from a big app. Mine has randomly restarted only when playing infinity blade 3 and having other apps open. Make sure to regularly close your apps. And if your going to play IB3 restart first.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s 

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Is everyone talking about a reboot just like when a Windows computer reboots after a "Restart" command is issued?

I think I understand why there may be a perception that a Springboard crash may be the same as a phone reboot. My 5S had a Springboard crash this morning. The crash is so sudden, and the screen immediately transitions from the UI to a blank white screen with an Apple logo in the center. This behavior can appear like a reboot.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I can definitely confirm for me that it is Facebook that is doing the 'Hard Reset'. So make sure you close it down after using it. It's a hassle/pain but until Facebook updates properly then that is what must be done. <sigh>

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure it's always apps. I had an iPhone 5s that I wiped and had it ready to sell. I didn't turn it off after the wipe. I put it on the table and walked away to do something else. When I came back and picked it up, it had shut itself down and I had to manually turn it back on again. There were obviously no apps running and it was obviously a complete shutdown and not a restart, but I don't think it's always apps. Could be something in iOS7 that is buggy.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77